Erik Of Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a phantom of the opera forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Deleting Account
Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2021 4:31 am by Afsar

» Those Rosy Hours at Mazandaran
Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 2:25 am by Afsar

» SHADOW BENDER
Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 2:55 pm by PhantomnessFay

» BEHIND THE MIRROR NEW BOOK TITLE
Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 2:50 pm by PhantomnessFay

» THE PHANTOM OF MANHATTEN BY FREDRICK FORSYTHE
Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 9:01 am by PhantomnessFay

» Song Name Game
Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 11:30 pm by Heart_Rose1368

» Phantom by Susan Kay
Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 9:01 am by PhantomnessFay

» Love Never Dies
Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 8:52 am by PhantomnessFay

» If you could pick any actor....
Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 12:08 am by Heart_Rose1368

Elite Affiliates
Kay's PhantomLady Ghost's SitePhantom's Mask
Phantom GerryFantomeApply
Top Affiliates
Randomosity Forum
Rubigna Chastenay
Quiero Mas Shakira
Lessons From the Phantom of the Opera
Nichol's Bookshelf
>>More Affiliates<<
>>Apply<<

Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose??

Go down 
+16
Gabby81
GerardButlerisawsome01
Angelsmasque
The Phantomess
ladyghost
angelofmusic1413
Ange de Musique
Devine_Muse
Jypsi
AngelicRose
erikstalker
BlackMaskWhiteMask
silver moon
PhantomnessFay
YestonErik
SnowMoccasin
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
SnowMoccasin
SnowMoccasin

Female
Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose??   Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 7:13 pm

No,I was talking to AngelicRose. Sorry for the confusion Neutral I probably should have addressed who I was talking to!
Back to top Go down
AngelicRose
AngelicRose

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose??   Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 8:41 pm

snowmoccasin wrote:
Ooh... I'm not used to sarcasm being directed back at me Razz lol!

LOL, so no bad feelings between us. We were both being sarcastic. lol.

I'm off to a great start on this board. Laughing

And to answer the threads original question: I would chose Raoul. lol.
Back to top Go down
SnowMoccasin
SnowMoccasin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose??   Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 5:35 pm

YAY! lol

I might choose Erik if he went through extensive therapy. What a Face
Back to top Go down
silver moon
silver moon

Female
Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose??   Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 6:16 pm

snowmoccasin wrote:
YAY! lol

I might choose Erik if he went through extensive therapy. What a Face

why does the tought of going with him on that therapy sounds so.. grrr Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
SnowMoccasin
SnowMoccasin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose??   Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 7:07 pm

I have no idea, but he was violent so he would need anger management.
Back to top Go down
BlackMaskWhiteMask
BlackMaskWhiteMask

Female
Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose??   Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 7:18 pm

haha! its true he wolud
Back to top Go down
SnowMoccasin
SnowMoccasin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose??   Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 7:21 pm

Well, some part of me has always been slightly attracted to Erik. Though I think it's that whole "mothering instinct" thing where women just feel bad for things.
Back to top Go down
Devine_Muse
Devine_Muse

Female
Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose??   Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 10:55 am

oh yeah motherly instinct plays a big part in it.
Well, I am torn really. Because I wouldn't want to love and cherish a self-centered, rich boy who will say things like im yours and you're mine, and who will worry about me and fuss over me...because i already went through that and i hated it...
However i dont know if i could love a man like erik... he's harsh and mean sometimes, and he has so much internal damage from his past that he lets it controll him.

Yet if i had to choose.. i would pick erik... because he's so lost in a crule world and all he's really looking for is someone to show him compassion, which at the point he's at, is all anyone can do for the poor thing. I would just want to be there for him and just give him some one to trust, and to sort of give him a shoulder to cry on.
Back to top Go down
SnowMoccasin
SnowMoccasin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose??   Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 1:44 pm

You put it beautifully, I do feel bad for him, but it would be hard to marry and live with him.
Back to top Go down
erikstalker
erikstalker

Female
Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose??   Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 6:44 am

True, unless you feel more comfortable living 5 stories underground on a lake. But I still stand by my first choice, Erik.
Back to top Go down
SnowMoccasin
SnowMoccasin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose??   Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 7:44 am

I don't mind living underground, it's the fact that he was violent.
Back to top Go down
erikstalker
erikstalker

Female

PostSubject: Re: Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose??   Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 8:28 am

Understandable. Smile
Back to top Go down
SnowMoccasin
SnowMoccasin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose??   Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 8:31 am

Raoul was immature though....wow he's my ranking now Rolling Eyes . Christine had it tough lol. bounce
Back to top Go down
erikstalker
erikstalker

Female

PostSubject: Re: Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose??   Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 8:34 am

Agreed. He was too obsessed with himself. Razz
Back to top Go down
SnowMoccasin
SnowMoccasin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose??   Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 8:39 am

Well, he spent enough time feeling sorry for himself.
Back to top Go down
erikstalker
erikstalker

Female

PostSubject: Re: Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose??   Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 8:41 am

True.
Back to top Go down
SnowMoccasin
SnowMoccasin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose??   Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 8:56 am

Well now I'm torn again Sad How confusing!
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female
Number of posts : 2388
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose??   Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 10:28 am

We could make a soap opera out of this and toggle your affections from one to the other. lol!

Okay, that was bad of me. I'm sorry! affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
http://novelsandotherwritingsbyfaysimon.homestead.com/Home.html
SnowMoccasin
SnowMoccasin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose??   Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 11:45 am

Haha that would be funny, actually. It's better than my friend's idea of making "The First Ever Phantom Of The Opera Musical!!!!!!" Right after we just watched the '04 musical... apparently she's confused over what an actual musical is, considering the only other one she's seen is High School Musical affraid Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose??   Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 12:37 pm

She didn't realize that a muscial is when they sing in the movie? Actually, Phantom is much like an opera, because they sing their lines instead of saying them.

See if you can rent some of the really old musicals from the 1950's, 1940's or 1930's. They will really blow her mind!

affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
SnowMoccasin
SnowMoccasin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose??   Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 12:45 pm

I own a fair amount of musicals, but she decided not to let me talk about anything Phantom-realted. She won't watch a decent musical.
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose??   Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 2:23 pm

Too bad. She doesn't know what she's missing. But most everyone I know is like that. I can only talk about Phantom online. All my Phantom friends are here.

You guys rock! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Ange de Musique
Ange de Musique

Female
Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose??   Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 10:05 pm

I, hands down, would choose Erik over Raoul. Not just because Erik is the underdog either. Erik is someone I would choose to live with in spite of his numerous imperfections. This probably has to do with me personally. In my life, I have been severely hurt and emotionally damaged from people rejecting me because of my little eccentricities, especially from my family. The adage is true, those you are closest to can hurt you the worst. Because of this, my heart and soul goes out to Erik. I feel a connection with him because he too was rejected when he could have done so much.
Back to top Go down
angelofmusic1413
angelofmusic1413

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose??   Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 11:25 am

I would love to say "I choose Erik!" because I am the kind of person who never judges by appearances, and I try to see the person within. But honestly, I don't know if I could live my life with him. He has so many insecurites (don't we all!) but his are ridiculous. He could never be able to live the life that all of us have become accustomed to, living in openess with people always around. He is just so complex and terrifying...but we all still adore him. I adore Erik because even after all the cr** he went through in his life, he still couldn't bear to hurt Christine by killing Raoul. Even though he DID kill plenty of other people, Christine touched his heart in a way that is so extraordinary and beautiful. But someone as emotionally damaged as him would surely become unbearable after a time, yes? There would be no trust in the relationship and he would forever consider himself inferior.
Despite that, I think we all connect with Erik on that level of compassion and understanding. We have all been rejected and shunned for things about ourselves that we cannot help.

Raoul would be the "ideal" choice. He is loving, devoted, strong, and the "safer" man out of the two. Raoul CAN live a normal life and doesn't have the obsessive and manipulative qualities that Erik has. I can understand why Christine chose Raoul, but I know that for me personally I could never, ever love him.

I like to think about Raoul and Erik this way;
They both are the same man. One (Raoul) has been given the good end of life. Loved by his family, adored by friends and given a normal face. Therefore being able to grow into a confident and good man.
The other (Erik) has the same qualities as Raoul (Perhaps qualities even better than Raoul), and given a horrific face. Therefore, his entire life he is shunned and denied, transforming him into the insecure, paranoid and extremely affection-starved man we all know.
Back to top Go down
ladyghost
ladyghost

Female
Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose??   Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 12:24 pm

I agree with you : I choose Erik too!! Very Happy
But I don't think Erik has the same qualities as Raoul...I really doubt Raoul was such a great composer, singer, magician, architect, etc.
Erik's sensibility and passionate spirit makes him special but also all his smart brain. I love you
Ladyghost.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ladyghost.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose??   Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raoul or Erik...Who would you choose??
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next