Erik Of Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a phantom of the opera forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Deleting Account
Love Never Dies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2021 4:31 am by Afsar

» Those Rosy Hours at Mazandaran
Love Never Dies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 2:25 am by Afsar

» SHADOW BENDER
Love Never Dies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 2:55 pm by PhantomnessFay

» BEHIND THE MIRROR NEW BOOK TITLE
Love Never Dies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 2:50 pm by PhantomnessFay

» THE PHANTOM OF MANHATTEN BY FREDRICK FORSYTHE
Love Never Dies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 9:01 am by PhantomnessFay

» Song Name Game
Love Never Dies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 11:30 pm by Heart_Rose1368

» Phantom by Susan Kay
Love Never Dies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 9:01 am by PhantomnessFay

» Love Never Dies
Love Never Dies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 8:52 am by PhantomnessFay

» If you could pick any actor....
Love Never Dies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 12:08 am by Heart_Rose1368

Elite Affiliates
Kay's PhantomLady Ghost's SitePhantom's Mask
Phantom GerryFantomeApply
Top Affiliates
Randomosity Forum
Rubigna Chastenay
Quiero Mas Shakira
Lessons From the Phantom of the Opera
Nichol's Bookshelf
>>More Affiliates<<
>>Apply<<

Love Never Dies

Go down 
+6
phantomandchristine
Jypsi
Angel_Of_Music
PhantomnessFay
erikstalker
SnowMoccasin
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Will you see Love Never Dies?
-As a true phan, yes....but I'm not happy about it.
Love Never Dies - Page 2 Vote_lcap56%Love Never Dies - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 56% [ 5 ]
-No!
Love Never Dies - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Love Never Dies - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
-Yes, I can't wait!
Love Never Dies - Page 2 Vote_lcap33%Love Never Dies - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
-Don't know yet
Love Never Dies - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Love Never Dies - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
HighwayPhantom
Phan
HighwayPhantom

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Love Never Dies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love Never Dies   Love Never Dies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 4:08 pm

Oh dear. Please tell me it isnt ripped from Phantom in Manhattan......I mean I liked portions of that book but the Phantom dies at the end of the story THE END!!!! If they were gonna make a sequel I hoped they would inroduces perhaps the phantoms son like in Susan kays......ALW what are you thinking!! They are already calling it Paint never Dries over here.......
And no I cant say Im entirely impressed by the above either. If he is playing phantom his voice is great, dont get me wrong it just lacks that hypnotism that both Gerry AND Micheal (please dont hit me phans ok??) posess
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female
Number of posts : 2388
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Love Never Dies   Love Never Dies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 8:33 pm

Well regardless of our likes or dislikes Love Never Dies made its debut in London today. Still waiting for the reviews to come in. Check out the Playbill article :

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/133630-Lloyd-Webbers-Love-Never-Dies-to-Premiere-in-London-in-March-2010-New-York-Australia-to-Follow
Back to top Go down
http://novelsandotherwritingsbyfaysimon.homestead.com/Home.html
SnowMoccasin
SnowMoccasin

Female
Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Love Never Dies   Love Never Dies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 5:12 pm

HighwayPhantom, I see what you're saying. I like the song, but not for Phantom. Maybe if Michael would sing it and.... Never mind.

Thanks for the article, Fay! I actually found it very interesting, even though I'll probably never see the show.
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Love Never Dies   Love Never Dies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 8:16 am

From what I read of the reviews, this show will make money like all his shows, but there will never be another Phantom of the Opera. All the love he had for Sarah was in the original. The sequel lacks that feel and of course the grandeur of Michael Crawford and Sarah Brightman.
Back to top Go down
HighwayPhantom
Phan
HighwayPhantom

PostSubject: Re: Love Never Dies   Love Never Dies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 2:32 am

yeah I agree...totally lol
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Love Never Dies   Love Never Dies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 2:40 pm

Here's an update. The original Phantom will be closing shortly so ALW can promote "Love Never Dies". The farewell perfomance for Los Angeles, CA will be in September of this year. I haven't bought the tickets since I'm jobless again.
Back to top Go down
SnowMoccasin
SnowMoccasin

Female
Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Love Never Dies   Love Never Dies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 4:38 pm

Argh, me too. I want to go to the farewell so bad... Love Never Dies will NEVER be as successful as Phantom, the powerful emotions just aren't there.
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Love Never Dies   Love Never Dies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 7:21 pm

Snowmoccasin, you are absolutely right. ALW will make money off the new one, but it will never come close to the success of the first one. There will never be another Michael Crawford or Sarah Brightman.

I am sad to see the original close. Even though I new it was coming, it's still sad.
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Love Never Dies   Love Never Dies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 3:38 pm

Here's a clip of "Love Never Dies". Any fireworks for you? Not for me.
This is footage from the London production featuring Ramin Karimloo (The Phantom), Sierra Boggess (Christine), Joseph Millson (Raoul) and Summer Strallen (Meg.)

Back to top Go down
HighwayPhantom
Phan
HighwayPhantom

PostSubject: Re: Love Never Dies   Love Never Dies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 4:57 pm

Sorry but its very MEH for me as in MEH I dont give a.......

Sorry ALW its an epic FAIL....especially considered its based.adapted from one of the most hated POTO based stories from what I gather.....thats right the dreaded Phantom in Manhattan......gee what is he thinking :/
Back to top Go down
EriksComposer
EriksComposer

Female
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2012-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Love Never Dies   Love Never Dies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 11:11 am

I didn't think much of the london version with Ramin and Sierra, as much as I love them. But then, I saw the Australian one. Good grief! It was PHANTASTIC! Ben Lewis takes my breath away! (And I thought the Ramin could do that! Razz )

So shoot me for saying it, as I know that some of you will, I quite like LND. It didn't have the profound impact that POTO did, but it was breathtaking. Also, GUSTAVE IS SO CUTE! I love you

p.s., has anyone noticed that my avatar is a screenshot from it? Just a bit of trivia.
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Love Never Dies   Love Never Dies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 1:23 pm

Not familiar with the London version. Now I will have to look it up. Never see the Australian one either. More homework for me. Shocked
Back to top Go down
EriksComposer
EriksComposer

Female

PostSubject: Re: Love Never Dies   Love Never Dies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 2:57 pm

Oh, Fay, don't think of it as homework! I thought it would suck until my friend saw it and loved it. (That isn't really saying much, though. My freind thought Erik was a real ghost and that Meg wasn't even in POTO. She also said she would prefer Raoul becuase, and I quote, "He's prettier." *facepalms herself*)

Anyway, I watched the Australian version and (literally) fell off my chair. Ben Lewis is so true to the original Phantom idea, Anna is very beautiful with a great voice, Simon Gleeson makes a great Raoul and Gustave is really cute. I'm going to save up and get it for my birthday. As well as Breyer stuff, but that has absolutely nothing to do with POTO, that's my other obsession, horses. Smile
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Love Never Dies   Love Never Dies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 9:00 am

Homework for me in researching the Australian version of POTO. It's for me and I have to call it homework as I am very busy with many other things.

Sounds like you really like that version. So you have see Love Never Dies?
Back to top Go down
EriksComposer
EriksComposer

Female

PostSubject: Re: Love Never Dies   Love Never Dies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 9:53 am

Not on stage, no. As I said, my friend saw it, but being a bit air-headed, (saying that it the nicest possible way) she didn't understand it. At all. I saw clips of the London one and Ramin, as always, is brill. I would give anything to go to Australia and see it though. My other friend said she's give it to me for my birthday today, so I'm thinking of playing it at a filmfest I'm running. (Going to be POTO based, of course)
Back to top Go down
4kitkat4

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Love Never Dies   Love Never Dies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 12:38 pm

hey!!!!! i am not an air-headed!!!!!!!!!!! and yes i am an R/C shipper!!!!! long live Roaul, phantom is a music teacher not a husband!
Back to top Go down
4kitkat4

Female

PostSubject: Re: Love Never Dies   Love Never Dies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 12:40 pm

yay!!1 I jave scorred 8 points!!!!! R <3 C
Back to top Go down
EriksComposer
EriksComposer

Female

PostSubject: Re: Love Never Dies   Love Never Dies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 12:41 pm

Katya, it's nice to see you an all, but how many times have I got to tell you, THAT WOULDN'T WORK!
Back to top Go down
4kitkat4

Female

PostSubject: Re: Love Never Dies   Love Never Dies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 12:43 pm

excuse me, Raoul is the hottie while erik is an old music teacher who wants affaires with a teenager!!!!! it will work! and yes, there is a raoul fanclub Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Love Never Dies   Love Never Dies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 1:31 pm

As you may all know there is a DVD of the Melbourne stage version of Love Never Dies.
Here is where you can find it at Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_4?url=search-alias%3Dmovies-tv&field-keywords=love+never+dies&sprefix=Love%2Caps%2C203

The following link is to some reviews about the sequel to The Phantom of the Opera. I agree with the person giving the review, Love Never Dies will never hold a candle to the original. There was something special about the first one. Magic you might say.

http://www.indyweek.com/artery/archives/2012/06/06/love-never-dies-but-many-terrible-musicals-have-sitting-through-andrew-lloyd-webbers-phantom-sequel

What do you think?

Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Love Never Dies   Love Never Dies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 3:20 pm

Did everyone know that the Australian stage performance of Love Never Dies is out on DVD? I bought my copy at Barnes and Noble the other day.

Here is the link to it on Amazon.com : http://www.amazon.com/Andrew-Lloyd-Webbers-Love-Never/dp/B006GHA9QQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1390083571&sr=1-1&keywords=love+never+dies
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Love Never Dies   Love Never Dies - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Love Never Dies
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2