Erik Of Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a phantom of the opera forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Deleting Account
BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2021 4:31 am by Afsar

» Those Rosy Hours at Mazandaran
BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 2:25 am by Afsar

» SHADOW BENDER
BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 2:55 pm by PhantomnessFay

» BEHIND THE MIRROR NEW BOOK TITLE
BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 2:50 pm by PhantomnessFay

» THE PHANTOM OF MANHATTEN BY FREDRICK FORSYTHE
BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 9:01 am by PhantomnessFay

» Song Name Game
BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 11:30 pm by Heart_Rose1368

» Phantom by Susan Kay
BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 9:01 am by PhantomnessFay

» Love Never Dies
BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 8:52 am by PhantomnessFay

» If you could pick any actor....
BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 12:08 am by Heart_Rose1368

Elite Affiliates
Kay's PhantomLady Ghost's SitePhantom's Mask
Phantom GerryFantomeApply
Top Affiliates
Randomosity Forum
Rubigna Chastenay
Quiero Mas Shakira
Lessons From the Phantom of the Opera
Nichol's Bookshelf
>>More Affiliates<<
>>Apply<<

BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE

Go down 
+4
Angelsmasque
true beauty
SnowMoccasin
PhantomnessFay
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female
Number of posts : 2388
Registration date : 2008-05-19

BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE Empty
PostSubject: BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE   BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 9:20 pm

This is a lovely story about the reunion of Erik and Christine by a good lady named Kae D. Jacobs.

The story opens with Erik grieving for the loss of his beloved Christine who he released to marry Raoul de Chagny. If you want a none violent, happily-ever-after ending, this book is for you.

Rarely do books uplift us and give us something to look forward to, but this one does. The trial of marriage and raising children couldn't keep the couple about. Erik proves himself as a lovely husband and father. Christine matures into a grand help mete and understanding mother.

We could only wish for a fairy tale life like these two.

Kae currently had a publisher interested in this gem and she'd now polishing it to make it shine.

If you've read this book, please give us your thoughts and join me giving Kae a hardy congratulations and we are looking forward to seeing this lovely story after the refiner's fire.

Comments please.

I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
http://novelsandotherwritingsbyfaysimon.homestead.com/Home.html
SnowMoccasin
SnowMoccasin

Female
Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE   BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 11:01 am

It is a really cute story Very Happy

I must say I enjoyed it a lot more than Kay's 'Phantom'
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE   BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 11:42 am

snowmoccasin please tell us your favorite part and why. Also, tell us your least favorite and why. I'm sure there are many who have not yet read the book.

Thank you.
farao farao farao
Back to top Go down
SnowMoccasin
SnowMoccasin

Female
Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE   BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 12:16 pm

The whole thing is really sweet, I'm really not that into fan fictions, but this one surprised me drunken I'm trying to refrain from saying anything that will spoil the book for anyone interested in reading it, but I will say the whole thing with the notes is sweet and how the Persian is introduced again.
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE   BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 1:35 pm

You can tell us about various parts. Similar to a synopsis, but only on a section. This is how a discussion begins and keeps rolling.

Details please.... bom bom bom
Back to top Go down
true beauty

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE   BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 9:46 am

I am looking to buy thi book but can't find it for less than $100. is it out of print? Also more importantly does it have a good ending for Erik. I'm tired of reading the depressed books of what happened to him after Christine left. I want him to find a happily ever after ending. have any of you read Angel of Music / The private life of Giselle ? study
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE   BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 10:45 am

true beauty you can buy it at Amazon.com for $30.00:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/102-3477020-4356921?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Beyond+the+Masque%3A+The+Untold+Story+of+Erik+and+Christine&x=15&y=19

I don't know why Barnes and Noble are charging so much. I bought my copy from them and it was $26.00.

Hope this helps. drunken drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
Angelsmasque
Angelsmasque

Female
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE   BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 6:10 pm

What a fabulous site, Fay. My appreciation for opening up a thread on Beyond the Masque and for your generous words.
Snowmoccasin, thank you, too, especially for that comparison boost to Kay's Phantom.
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE   BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 10:19 am

Everyone, may I introduce Angelsmasque, the author of Beyond the Masque: The Untold Story of Erik and Christine.

Welcome Angelsmasque! cheers cheers cheers

So happy to see you. Hope you enjoy this new site. We are hoping to see more of your books and when you have time
some Phan Phics for the site.

If anyone has questions for the author, please feel free to ask.

I will start off with a question. Knowing you are a Phantom lover, tell us what gave you the inspiration to write this lovely story?
Did you draw from personal experience?

Angelsmasque the floor is yours. Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Jypsi
Admin
Jypsi

Female
Number of posts : 497
Registration date : 2008-05-18

PostSubject: Re: BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE   BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 6:35 pm

Angelsmasque wrote:
What a fabulous site, Fay.

Well I'm not Fay but thanks! I'm glad you like it. I haven't gotten a chance to read your book yet. But its definitely on my list. I'll let you know what I think as soon as i do! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://erikofmusic.forumakers.com
Angelsmasque
Angelsmasque

Female

PostSubject: Re: BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE   BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 7:04 pm

Like many of us who are intrigued by the Phantom, I wanted to see where Leroux's story might go if it were continued. Just because a book says 'the end' does not mean there wasn't more in the mind of the author.

Where to start ... so much inspired me to frustration, but I think the ALW movie ignited the 'what ifs' and sent me back to read and reread Leroux. Suddenly, I wasn't satisfied with Erik's tragic ending (his death, nor creative takes in the other mediums), and wanted to see a believable book in print, one that brought the characters of Christine, Erik, and Raoul to life, presenting them as flawed, learning, progressive human beings. I drew upon real situations, beliefs, and directed the plot toward a natural conclusion. I hoped to encourage thought in my readers, have them wonder, and question their own humanity during this journey we all face.

Back to you, Ms. Fay

Respectfully, AM
Back to top Go down
Angelsmasque
Angelsmasque

Female

PostSubject: Re: BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE   BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 7:09 pm

My apologies, Nichol+Erik=Amor!, I realize it's your creation and was just exclaiming to Fay, who told me to come check it out, that it is quite beautiful. Hats off to you!
Back to top Go down
Jypsi
Admin
Jypsi

Female
Number of posts : 497
Registration date : 2008-05-18

PostSubject: Re: BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE   BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 7:29 pm

lol. It's more than I okay. I understand. Sorry that I confused you. (i'm good at that. *rolls eyes at myself* oo i'm talented. haha)
Back to top Go down
https://erikofmusic.forumakers.com
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE   BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 8:58 pm

Angelsmasque thank you for sharing. Obviously you felt Erik should be with Christine. Most of us do.

How long did it take you write the novel?

Did you feel extra passion for a particular section or part?

Question Question Question

Nichol+Erik=Amor! Good to see you. Your presence is always welcomed. Happy you were able to meet our resident author. And you are talented. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Angelsmasque
Angelsmasque

Female

PostSubject: Re: BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE   BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 9:13 am

I would say close to sixteen months, but then there were the rewrites that extended that time period to over a year and a half. The publishing process is another tiger altogether.

Extra passion ... I would have to say that the ending has a particular hold over me. I cried when I wrote it and have every time since, and I've read it, hmm, I've lost count. My penchant for when Erik and Christine tenderly wash the hands of the other before their wedding night is also rather strong; the action has a deep symbolic meaning to me.
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE   BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 9:42 am

Sixteen months plus rewrite time. Wow! That's a long time.

The wedding of Erik and Christine did tug at the heart-strings. What did the washing of the hands represent and why was it meaningful to you?

Back to top Go down
Angelsmasque
Angelsmasque

Female

PostSubject: Re: BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE   BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 10:15 am

I agree, it was a long time. The initial rough draft required only nine months, but I had a change of heart after one editorial evaluation and went back to raise the story up to 90% Erik's POV. That required a great deal of rethinking the scenes and how he would feel in certain situations. I actually found it more satisfying to go through the story by his side and came to understand his lifelong struggle with those mental taunts he had to keep in check. I equate his triumph to that of the brilliant John Nash.

The hand washing is symbolic of cleanliness: theirs to each other and from the world, and it is a promise of fidelity, both prior to this night and to their commitment thereafter. I feel there is no greater gift one can give to the person with whom they will share their life, than themselves, whole and pure. This is what their relationship was founded on, trust and respect.
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE   BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 12:46 pm

You've put a lot of time and yourself into this book. Brava!

The washing of the hands now has more meaning to us. Beautiful act!

Before I continue, I'd like to leave this open for questions from
snowmoccasin, true beauty or anyone who would like to ask our dear author questions. The floor is now open...

Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE   BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 10:40 am

Here is another link to where Beyond the Masque...can be purchased:

http://astore.amazon.com/kaysp-20

Tricky things these links.

Hope this helps. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
ladyghost
ladyghost

Female
Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE   BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 10:47 am

I bought this book but I'm now reading another one...though it looks a wonderful novel, indeed!
Ladyghost.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ladyghost.com
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE   BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 5:19 pm

ladyghost have you been able to read it yet? The author has joined this forum and if you have any questions, the floor is open. She is waiting to answer any and all you may have.

Back to top Go down
ladyghost
ladyghost

Female

PostSubject: Re: BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE   BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 2:49 am

I've begun to read it! Very Happy It's wonderful the author is here!!! That way, I'll be able to ask her all the questions I could have!
Maybe she wants I make her an interview for my web in the future! That would be great!
Ladyghost.
Back to top Go down
Angelsmasque
Angelsmasque

Female

PostSubject: Re: BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE   BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 8:57 am

You are every character's/actor's dream fan, ladyghost, all that you have done to promote our dear Erik is quite fabulous. I shall be curiously awaiting those questions and should like very much to do an interview. And, Fay, I checked out the astore and was surprised to find a little phantom shelf loaded with all the treasures available.
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE   BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 9:41 am

Wonderful! We look forward to ladyghost's inverview with Angelsmasque.

Thank you, thank you.

Yes, astore does have a lot of Phantom goodies. Click on merchandise and it all appears.

Let's hear more from ladyghost and Angelsmasque.

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
ladyghost
ladyghost

Female

PostSubject: Re: BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE   BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 11:54 am

Angelsmasque, you are an angel , indeed. Thank you for your lovely words!
The questions are sent, I hope you like them!
Ladyghost.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE   BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BEYOND THE MASQUE: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ERIK AND CHRISTINE
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next