Erik Of Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a phantom of the opera forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Deleting Account
Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2021 4:31 am by Afsar

» Those Rosy Hours at Mazandaran
Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 2:25 am by Afsar

» SHADOW BENDER
Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 2:55 pm by PhantomnessFay

» BEHIND THE MIRROR NEW BOOK TITLE
Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 2:50 pm by PhantomnessFay

» THE PHANTOM OF MANHATTEN BY FREDRICK FORSYTHE
Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 9:01 am by PhantomnessFay

» Song Name Game
Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 11:30 pm by Heart_Rose1368

» Phantom by Susan Kay
Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 9:01 am by PhantomnessFay

» Love Never Dies
Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 8:52 am by PhantomnessFay

» If you could pick any actor....
Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 12:08 am by Heart_Rose1368

Elite Affiliates
Kay's PhantomLady Ghost's SitePhantom's Mask
Phantom GerryFantomeApply
Top Affiliates
Randomosity Forum
Rubigna Chastenay
Quiero Mas Shakira
Lessons From the Phantom of the Opera
Nichol's Bookshelf
>>More Affiliates<<
>>Apply<<

Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!.......

Go down 
+6
AngelicRose
PhantomnessFay
silver moon
SnowMoccasin
Devine_Muse
BlackMaskWhiteMask
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
GerardButlerisawsome01
Old School Member
GerardButlerisawsome01

Female
Number of posts : 410
Location : I dont know where I am. I am where I am and thats Where i am......... I might be in Neverland
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!.......   Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 8:57 pm

i found this web site its kinda weird in a way but its a good read
http://members.tripod.com/christine_daae2/id39.htm
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female
Number of posts : 2388
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!.......   Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 3:33 pm

GerardButlerisawsome01 this is interesting, however, not evidence to prove the existence of Erik. This was just clever why of writing a short story.

I see you are telling us in a post prior to the last one that Leroux's novel is proof, but in this case, it's not. It's a tool which gives clues to finding the truth. You must present true information which proves Erik was as Leroux said, whether you present evidence of Christine, Raoul, the managers, or the opera house. Wikipedia doesn't count. I'm sorry. Research a little harder, please...

All I've posted can be added as evidence that there was an Opera Ghost. Can you help us find that? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://novelsandotherwritingsbyfaysimon.homestead.com/Home.html
SnowMoccasin
SnowMoccasin

Female
Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!.......   Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 4:32 pm

Thank you for clarifying my point. Hug
I would love to go to Paris myself to poke around, but we'll have to do our digging on the internet until then. study
Back to top Go down
SnowMoccasin
SnowMoccasin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!.......   Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 4:37 pm

GerardButlerisawsome01 wrote:
i found this web site its kinda weird in a way but its a good read
http://members.tripod.com/christine_daae2/id39.htm

that seemed to be like it was some girl in love with someone she doesn't even know existed.
Back to top Go down
GerardButlerisawsome01
Old School Member
GerardButlerisawsome01

Female
Number of posts : 410
Location : I dont know where I am. I am where I am and thats Where i am......... I might be in Neverland
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!.......   Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:03 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!.......   Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:21 pm

This is something I copied from Carrie Hernandez's site.

Here we have the de Chagny family tree and we find that there was an Erik de Chagny. What do you think?

Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 ErikrelatedtoRaoul

Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 Chagnyfamilytree
Back to top Go down
SnowMoccasin
SnowMoccasin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!.......   Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 2:46 pm

That was very interesting, but this Eric was married and had children. I will look at the website though and see what else I can post.
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!.......   Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 2:14 pm

This Eric was married and had children, but we don't know what happened to them. Perhaps
this is the real Erik and something happened to his family to make him crazy. Shocked

Carrie no longer has the site up. It's been down for a number of years. I just happened to grab some info before it came down. I will post more soon.

I always believed that he and Raoul were related. Any other comments?
Back to top Go down
SnowMoccasin
SnowMoccasin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!.......   Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 5:47 pm

You're right, it is down, it a good thing you got that information, though. I always thought Erik was a de Changy as well. Have you tried researching the individuals above? I'll try and post if I can find anything.
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!.......   Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:58 pm

I understand that this de Chagny genealogy is in the Genealogy Library of the Church of Jesus Christ of
Latter-Day Saints, a church which I belong to.

I have more info which I will put up. Carrie took down her site because of cost. I don't know if that was the entire
truth.

Back to Erik being a de Chagny; it would explain why Philippe knew the way to the lair. Remember, he didn't come by
the trapdoors and secret passages as did Raoul and the Persian. It appears to me that Erik killed him by accident. I assume
it all happened before he realized it was Philippe who tripped the alarm.
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!.......   Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 11:58 pm

Now, here's a little article that may be of interest and definitely should be here. What do you think?

Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 WasthePhantomRealnewsarticle]Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 WasthePhantomRealnewsarticle
Back to top Go down
SnowMoccasin
SnowMoccasin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!.......   Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 10:35 am

You're right, this defiantly should be here. Do you have the rest of the article or just this piece?
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!.......   Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 12:20 pm

Yes, I think I have the rest of the article. Last night I was up pretty late trying to find everything. If I recall correctly, there is quite a bit more.

What I've posted so far should give us all enough to research and see what we can find via Internet. Look
back at the records in Peria, or even in their history. Erik was said to be the Shah's political assassin and
executioner. Perhaps there is something in their files which mention someone who fits Erik's description. Not
just a physical one, but one with all the skills he possessed, such as architecture, ventriloquism, illusionist,
and singer.

Look at the history of how the Garnier was built. Maybe we can find records of the architects who contributed their time
and skills. Food for thought...
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!.......   Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 3:30 pm

I believe this is the conclusion to the article.

Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 EvidenceofarealEriknewsarticle
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!.......   Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 1:54 pm

After posting the last article, I don't find any comments, so here is some more evidence. Most people
say Christine Daae was not the true name of the woman Erik obsessed over and fell in love with. The
popular assumption is that Christine Nilsson a young Swedish singer of that era was the true lady. But
why change her name? If the Phantom's name truly was Erik and the Vicomte a de Chagny, then why
was Christine's name changed? To protect the innocent?

Here's the article. What do you think?

[img]Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 EvidenceofaRealPhantom_Page_04[/img]
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!.......   Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 2:04 pm

The remainder of the article is here:

[img]Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 EvidenceofaRealPhantom_Page_05[/img]
Back to top Go down
SnowMoccasin
SnowMoccasin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!.......   Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 5:46 pm

oh, that's very impressive! Where do you find such things? Just searching on the internet? You should post this on phantomoftheopera.com, you're likely to get more input and possibly similar articles.
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!.......   Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 10:25 pm

Thanks snowmoccasin. This came from Carrie Hernandez's website before she took it down. Actually, I found it from a link on POTO. So most of the longtime members have already seen this. I printed out everything
Carrie had, except for some little things. I am sorry she wasn't able to keep the site up.

Christine Nilsson can be found on other website using a Google search because I found her.

The following is another pic of Christine Nilsson. It looks like an old photo.

Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 The_real_Christine_Nilsson_as_Margu
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!.......   Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 2:28 pm

Lets take a moment and talk about the infamous Punjab Lasso. The term was never used any where except for Leroux's The Phantom of the Opera. However, after some research, I now submit proof that such a method of strangulation using catgut did originate in India.

I found an article online called, "How the British broke the Thugs of India and how to apply those methods against terrorists.

Here's the nitty-gritty:

In association with his study of Hinduism, Sleeman began to hear rumors of a terrible secret society of Kali worshipers, old as India itself, who practiced ritual murder and the spoliation of travelers. Already in the 17th century, one Th‚venot, a French traveler, had observed: "Though the road I have been speaking of from Delhi to Agra be tolerable, yet hath it many inconveniences . one had best not to suffer any body to come near one on the road. The cunningest robbers in the world are in that country. They use a certain slip with a running noose, which they can cast with so much sleight about a man's neck, when they are within reach of him, that they never fail, so that they strangle him in a trice."

While Europeans have journeyed through the extensive territories subject to the Government of Fort St. George, with a degree of security nowhere surpassed, the path of the native traveller has been beset with perils little known or suspected, into which numbers annually falling, have mysteriously disappeared, the victims of villains as subtle, rapacious and cruel as any who are to be met with in the records of human depravity. The Phansigars, or stranglers, are thus designated from the Hindustani word Phansi a noose. In the more northern parts of India, these murderers are called Thugs, signifying deceivers: in the Tamul language, they are called Ari Tulucar, or Mussulman noosers: in Canarese, Tanti Calleru, implying thieves, who use a wire or cat-gut noose.... Skilled in the arts of deception, Phansigars enter into conversation and insinuate themselves, by obsequious attentions, into the confidence of travellers of all descriptions.... When the Phansigars determine . to attack a traveller, they usually propose to him, under the specious plea of mutual safety or for the sake of society, to travel together . and on arriving at a convenient place and a fit opportunity presenting . one of the gang puts a rope or sash round the neck of the unfortunate persons, while others assist in depriving him of his life.

Here is another link to a site which contains much of the same: http://www.sepiamutiny.com/sepia/archives/000322.html

Read carefully. This describes Erik's method of execution with the Pujab Lasso to a tee. I feel this adds validity to the existance of Erik, the Opera Ghost aka The Phantom. What do you say?
Back to top Go down
HighwayPhantom
Phan
HighwayPhantom

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!.......   Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 11:03 pm

Wow thats very intresting although I cant see what Erik saw in Christine (if thats her) she looks almost evil
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!.......   Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 11:25 am

If you recall what Erik looked like, then it's no wonder he fell for her. I think it's all the way the photo was taken. Those old tinny ones don't really do anyone justice.

HighwayPhantom, did you read what I found regarding the Phantom's signature weapon? The description and it's use is exactly like the Punjab Lasso. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
HighwayPhantom
Phan
HighwayPhantom

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!.......   Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 2:15 am

I think good job on digging that up fay. LOL I suppose its not all about the looks
Back to top Go down
SnowMoccasin
SnowMoccasin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!.......   Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 1:11 pm

I think Christine Nillson was beautiful, but, you know, "the eye of the beholder" and whatnot. Rolling Eyes

Fay, how did you find that article on the Punjab Lasso?
I try to dig up as much information on Phantom as possible, but you can hardly find anything reliable anymore and one site says one thing, the other says something totally different. Do you have another reliable source other than Ladyghost, or was it random googling?
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!.......   Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 1:31 pm

Actually, ladyghost has not given me any info. I had copied what I could from Carrie Hernandez's site before she took it down.

However, the info on the Punjab Lasso I found on my own by putting in 'methods of strangulation cat-gut' in Google and that's how I found it. The name 'Punjab Lasso' was only used by Leroux. If you notice, there is no name given to the weapon or its use. Still and all, the cat-gut and the method describes Erik's lasso and its use to a tee, don't you think?

The information is on the Internet. We just need to use the correct words to find it.

Thank you for the comments, snowmoccasin.

About Christine's looks, you are right, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Shocked
Back to top Go down
SnowMoccasin
SnowMoccasin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!.......   Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 6:20 pm

Perhaps Erik named the weapon for his own use, if you are threatened by an unknown weapon, you would be just a bit more frightened not knowing what to expect, don't you think?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!.......   Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!....... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Erik: Is he for real?!?!?!.......
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next