Erik Of Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a phantom of the opera forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Deleting Account
Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2021 4:31 am by Afsar

» Those Rosy Hours at Mazandaran
Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 2:25 am by Afsar

» SHADOW BENDER
Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 2:55 pm by PhantomnessFay

» BEHIND THE MIRROR NEW BOOK TITLE
Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 2:50 pm by PhantomnessFay

» THE PHANTOM OF MANHATTEN BY FREDRICK FORSYTHE
Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 9:01 am by PhantomnessFay

» Song Name Game
Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 11:30 pm by Heart_Rose1368

» Phantom by Susan Kay
Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 9:01 am by PhantomnessFay

» Love Never Dies
Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 8:52 am by PhantomnessFay

» If you could pick any actor....
Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 12:08 am by Heart_Rose1368

Elite Affiliates
Kay's PhantomLady Ghost's SitePhantom's Mask
Phantom GerryFantomeApply
Top Affiliates
Randomosity Forum
Rubigna Chastenay
Quiero Mas Shakira
Lessons From the Phantom of the Opera
Nichol's Bookshelf
>>More Affiliates<<
>>Apply<<

Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA

Go down 
+4
SnowMoccasin
Empy
Gabby81
PhantomnessFay
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female
Number of posts : 2388
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 2:53 pm

Laughing Okay, you had some up on me, and some you looked up. I can deal.

For those interested in La Belle et la Bête (Beauty and the Beast) 1946 which was all in French, here is a clip. After seeing it, I now see the connection, but still didn't recall it until now. Ahhh!

And yet another clip where we see Avenant struck by an arrow from the Goddess Diana.

Jean Marais starred as the Beast, Avenant and the Prince and was also lover to director and sceenplay writer of the film Jean Coucteau.

Back to top Go down
http://novelsandotherwritingsbyfaysimon.homestead.com/Home.html
Gabby81
Senior
Gabby81

Female
Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 9:31 am

Some really good trivia questions that I missed in my absence Sad I knew the Swarovski one, and the one with the self lighting candles, but the others were beyond my scope. Did we answer the one about the crests and white horse? As for the moving arms with the candelabras, I never knew the connection with Beauty and the Beast. I had made the connection with the similar plot line, however, but having never seen more than Disney's version, I wouldn't have picked up on anything.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com; search Gabrielle Jaillet and send me a
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 9:55 am

No, the crests and horse with horse are still up for grabs. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Gabby81
Senior
Gabby81

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 9:59 am

Not a one. I had never noticed them before. I'm just running out of the house for an appointment, but I will take a look later on when I'm home!
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 2:16 pm

In regards to the pic of Christine and the Phantom, take a look at the two crests and the horse and rider. What do they mean?

The following quiz centers on the Phantom of the Opera with Claude Rains. Lets see how you do. Honestly, I got a terrible score.

1. Phantom of the Opera starred which of these actors?

A.Takashi Shimura
B. Eugene Pallette
C. Hume Cronyn
D. Joseph Calleia
E. Art Carney

2. Did Claude Rains have a starring role in Phantom of the
Opera? Yes or No

Was Phantom of the Opera awarded an Oscar? Yes or No

4. The director of Phantom of the Opera is...

A. Henry Koster
B. Clarence Brown
C. Joseph Kane
D. Arthur Lubin
E. Tay Garnett

5. Ward Bond played a starring role in Phantom of the Opera,
true or false?

6. Phantom of the Opera was released in which year?

A. 1938
B. 1942
C. 1943
D. 1947
E. 1949

7. The Motion Picture Association of America rated Phantom of the Opera...

A. PG
B. R
C. UR
D. NC-17
E. PG-13

Last edited by PhantomnessFay on Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Angelsmasque
Angelsmasque

Female
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:00 pm

You've still got me on the horse and crests, unless is has to do with Napoleon.

Answers for Claude Rains.

#1. Hume Cronyn
#2. Yes
#3. I don't know
#4. Arthur Lubin
#5. False
#6. 1943
#7. Mine doesn't have a rating but I would suspect that the horror film turned melodrama was no more than a PG.

My bad ... I have the movie.
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 3:53 pm

Before I give out the answers I shall give others a chance.
Back to top Go down
Angelsmasque
Angelsmasque

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 10:09 am

Fine, fine ... I can be patient <_<
Back to top Go down
Gabby81
Senior
Gabby81

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 3:27 pm

Here goes nothing...since I've never seen this movie before...and I didn't cheat off Angelsmasque Smile

1 - Hume Cronyn as Gerard
2 - yes
3 - yes, 2
4 - D - Arthur Lubin
5 - no
6 - C - 1943
7 - PG

As for the horse and the crests....I have no idea. I don't even know what to search for Sad
Back to top Go down
Gabby81
Senior
Gabby81

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 4:59 pm

The only thing I can think of with the horse is that in the novel it was a white horse that the Erik stole and brought down to the cellar. As for the crests, not a clue.
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 10:29 am

Nice job ladies. Both did very well. Here are the answers. No one got the last one right.

1. Hume Cronym
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Arthur Lubin
5. False
6. 1943
7. UR

Honestly, I didn't know this Phantom had won two Oscars and I didn't know the rating either. You are both lots smarter then me. Crying or Very sad

Gabby, shame on you for using Anglesmasque to cheat off. Mad

As for the horse and rider and the crests, you are correct about the horse being Cesar and the rider Erik. The crest or coat of arms belongs to the Chagny family. Now think a moment. Why would the Phantom have the Chagny crest if it didn't mean something to him?

Any speculations? Unsure
Back to top Go down
Gabby81
Senior
Gabby81

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 12:55 pm

I actually didn't cheat....I got all the info off the IMDB site. I wouldn't do that Smile

Cesar...couldn't remember the horses name. I thought about the Chagny coat of arms, but I couldn't come up with a reason as to why? Especially since in the 2004 movie we don't see any kind of connection between the two. Unless it's a tribute to the book. Which, btw, I've forgotten a lot of Sad
Back to top Go down
Angelsmasque
Angelsmasque

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 1:01 pm

If you're suggesting that Erik is related, that would be one of those nasty family skeletons Shocked no one wished to discuss. I've read threads and fanfics that tell about there being a connection. Rivalry ... or revenge against relations ... interesting story material.

When considering the ages of the actors in the film, would this be a subtlety tying Erik to the Chagny's as an older brother? a cousin? If it were the book, Erik would be older than Raoul and Philippe both. Hmm ...

Where did you read about the crest and the horse and rider? I'd like to know the director's thoughts behind adding those tidbits.
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 2:22 pm

Take a look at the crest by the horse and rider and the one on old Raoul's carriage. Same crest, right?

I'm not suggesting anything. Just trying to get a discussion going. I have no proof. No seance to summon Erik. affraid I'm just as curious as the next. Shocked

Unless there is something ALW knows and isn't telling us, I assume these items were a salute to Leroux's original story. Notice they appear only once. Later in the film in the final lair scene there is nothing but empty space beneath the candles. Where did the crest go? The horse and rider?

As far as whether or not Erik was related to Raoul, that would be something to discuss in the thread Erik: is he real???. I've submitted a lot of proof of his existence. Why couldn't he be a Chagny? scratch

Try the following movie quiz and see how you do. This is based on the 2004 film.

1. Who is the actor who sang "Music of the Night" in Phantom of the Opera?

A. Leonardo Di Caprio
B. Gerard Butler
C. Patrick Wilson
D. Owen Wilson

2. Which actress played Meg Giry in The Phantom of the Opera
in 2004?

A. Minnie Driver
B. Miranda Richardson
C. Jennifer Ellison
D. Judith Paris
E. Emmy Rossum

3. Which actress adopted Christine as her own daughter in
Phantom of the Opera?

A. Miranda Richardson
B. Julie Andrews
C. Keira Knightley
D. Emmy Rossum

4. In the Phantom of the Opera, how did the Phantom come to
live in the opera house?

A. He was born there.
B. A merchant found him and brought him there.
C. He just was always there.
D. Madam Giry hid him there when they were young.
E. He broke into sleep one night.

5. Who plays Christine and The Phantom in Phantom of the
Opera?

A. Patrick Wilson and Mandy Moore.
B. Gerard Butler and Emmy Rossum
C. Jennifer Hewitt and Justin Timberlake
D. Hilary Duff and Gerard Butler
E. Johnny Depp and Britney Spears

6. In the phantom of the opera all of the principal actors actually sang their own songs except for who?

A. Miranda Richardson
B. Minnie Driver
C. Gerard Butler
D. Jennifer Ellison
E. Emmy Rossum

7. Which cymbal playing figurine is on the music box in the
film?

A. Elephant
B. Bear
C. Monkey
D. Clown
E. Doll

8. Where is the location of The Opera House in the film
Phantom of the Opera?

A. London
B. Marseille
C. Rouen
D. Paris
E. Vienna

9. In Phantom of the Opera, what does the Phantom crush in
his hands on the roof of the Opera House?

A. Christine’s cape
B. A rose
C. Raoul’s picture
D. His screenplay

10. In the Phantom of the Opera what song was Christine and Raoul singing when they kissed for the first time on the roof of the opera house?

A. Kiss me baby one more time.
B. All I ask of you
C. Wishing you were some how here again
D. Music of the Night
E. Sweet Lullabies

Last edited by PhantomnessFay on Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gabby81
Senior
Gabby81

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 2:37 pm

Haven't we mentioned before about a possible relationship between Erik and Philippe? I wish we had some information from the movie makers about the crest and horse and rider. Interesting that they are not in the final lair scene though. There's no reason that Erik couldn't be related to the Chagny family. Who knows Smile
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 3:17 pm

Gabby you post too quickly. I was still working on the post. Go back and read the rest of it.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Gabby81
Senior
Gabby81

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 4:28 pm

I had already read your post about the crest and the horse. I was just commenting on what you said....I doubt ALW has any special knowledge, I agree with you that it was probably a tribute to the book. I know you mentioned going to the Erik is he real? but that has to have proof, and this is just my opinion. If you could though, what is the general concensus about the relationship between Erik and Philippe? I know it was mentioned because he so easily found his way to the house on the lake. As soon as I have my next appointment at the hospital, I'm going to pick up the book, and while I'm reading it, I'm going to make notes and stuff so I can use it for reference.

As for the quiz, I know that I got 100% on it, from it's original site, so I figure I shouldn't answer it on here Smile
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:15 am

Okay, you think the other one is too easy, try this one:

Dario Argento's 'Phantom of the Opera

1. Who played the Phantom?

A. Michael Crawford
B. Julian Sands
C. Andrew Lloyd Webber
D. Antonio Banderas

2. Who played Christine?

A. Julie Argento
B. Sarah Brightman
C. Asia Argento
D. Sarah Argento

3. What relation was the actress who played Christine to Dario Argento?

A. mother
B. wife
C. second cousin
D. daughter

4. What is unique about this movie's Phantom?

A. his face is deformed
B. his face is not deformed
C. he is 12 years old
D. he doesn’t have eyes

5. What rescues the baby Phantom from drowning?

A. his mother
B. Madame Giry
C. Mice
D. Rats
Back to top Go down
Gabby81
Senior
Gabby81

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 4:51 pm

I didn't mean to infer the other one was easy, but I've watched that movie so many times I know it inside and out. That's all Smile

If I'm not mistaken, this is the version that a lot of people don't like. I'd like to hear more from those who have seen it, as to why they dislike it (or like it, whatever).

Again, here goes nothing....lots of research (I had a bad day and I'm trying to stay busy to keep from thinking about it)

1 - B - Julian Sands
2 - C - Asia Argento
3 - D - daughter
4 - B - his face is not deformed
5 - D - rats

(all info found either on IMDB or wikipedia Smile
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 4:45 pm

You got them all correct and you haven't seen the film. Okay, it was an open book quiz and you looked up the answers. Nice job!

The problem with this film is Argento took too many liberties and changed the story so much it was stupid. Think about it, telepathic rats--not very likely. Argento is known as a director of horror movies but he went a little extreme.

Let's see how we do with this one about the novel only:

1.. What did La Sorelli place on a table near the stage door for good luck?

a. A cross
b. A four-leaf clover
c. A rabbit's foot
d. A horseshoe

2. What does Erik wear if in public, other than the mask?

a. A scarf
b. A papier-mache nose
c. He only wears the mask
d. A hood

3. Of what is Erik's mask made?

a. black leather
b. white silk
c. white leather
d. black silk

4. Who is Lachenal?

a. The stage manager
b. The conductor
c. He's on the lighting crew
d. The head stableman

5. Where does Erik want to marry Christine?

a. Notre-Dame
b. The Madeleine Chapel
c. Sacre Coeur
d. Underground

6. 'Holy angels in Heaven blessed, My spirit longs with thee to rest.' Who wrote the opera this is from?

a. Puccini
b. Gounod
c. Berlioz
d. Boito

7. What is unusual about Mme. Giry's appearance?

a. She has a widow's peak
b. She has a lazy eye
c. She is missing several teeth
d. She has a scar

8. What is Christine's usual role in 'Faust'?

a. Siebel
b. Martha
c. Marguerite
d. Chorus

9. In which cellar does Erik live?

a. 5th
b. 4th
c. 3rd
d. Dungeon

10. What does Erik's hair look like?

a. Dark- short
b. Dark- longish and straight, but bald on the right side
c. Bald
d. Dark- long and wavy, but bald to the temples

11. What does Christine wear to the masquerade ball?

a. A black domino
b. A Dresden doll gown
c. A white domino
d. A blue dress

12. What is the last phrase in the book, including the epilogue?

a. 'it's over now, the music of the night'
b. 'I never saw him again'
c. 'Erik is dead'
d. 'it is no ordinary skeleton'

13. How tall is Erik?

a. Taller than Raoul
b. As tall as the Daroga
c. Shorter than Christine
d. Taller than the Daroga

14. How old is Raoul?

a. 21
b. 22
c. 20
d. 23

15. Where did Erik learn the Punjab lasso?

a. Persia
b. India
c. China
d. Tibet

16. Where was the fair where Erik was found by a Samarkand merchant?

a. Nijni-Novgorod
b. Kiev
c. Odessa
d. Novgorod-Nijni

17. Rosy Hours of -------------------?

_______________________________ (one word)

18. When does the novel take place?

a. 1885
b. 1870
c. 1880
d. 1890

19. '----------! ----------! Any ---------- to sell?'?

____________________ (one word)

20. What happens to Erik when he visits the Daroga for the last time?

a. He dies
b. He starts choking
c. He has a heart attack
d. He faints
Back to top Go down
Angelsmasque
Angelsmasque

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 5:30 pm

Like Gabby81, I too shall leave the previous quiz for others to do.

All righty! I'll give this one a shot ... looks challenging.

1. D
2. B
3. D
4. D
5. B
6. B
7. C
8. A
9. A
10. I know he was bald, hmm. B scratch
11. A ... I think Raoul was white
12. D
13. B
14. A
15. B
16. A
17. Manzenderan
18. C
19. Barrels
20. B

It's been awhile since I last read Leroux. I liked this quiz. cheers
Back to top Go down
Gabby81
Senior
Gabby81

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 3:49 pm

I'm so glad to see someone else answering the quizzes! Here goes nothing (after some more research Smile

1 - D - a horseshoe
2 - B - a papier mache nose
3 - D - black silk
4 - D - stableman
5 - B - Madeleine chapel
6 - B - Gounod
7 - C - she missing teeth
8 - A - Siebel
9 - A - 5th
10 - D - dark, long and wavy but bald to the temples
11 - A - Black domino
12 - D - "It is no ordinary skeleton"
13 - B - as tall as the Daroga
14 - A - 21
15 - B - India
16 - A - Nijni-Novgorod
17 - Mazenderan (sp?)
18 - C - 1880
19 - Barrels
20 - B - He starts choking
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 5:05 pm

Both Angelsmasque and Gabby81 got 100%. Brava, brava, bravissimi! cheers I didn't do that well. They marked me down for misspelling Mazenderan; among other things.

Let's see now you do with this one. The question will indicate the source novel, 2004 movie or play. I couldn't finish the test because online they time you. Crazy people. But I know there were at least three I didn't know.

Here you go:

Question 1: Who is Raoul?

a. Christine Daaé's father's friend
b. Opera Ghost's friend
c. Christine Daaé's lover/friend from child hood

Question 2: Who wrote the original novel of the Phantom
of the Opera?

a. Charles Prince
b. Andrew Lloyd Webber
c. Gaston Leroux
d. Charles Hart

Question 3: How do you write the Phantom of the Opera
in French?

a. Le Fantôme de l'Opéra
b. Le Fantôme l'Opéra
c. Fantome de l'Opéra
d. Fantme de Opéra
e. Le Fantôme de Opéra

Question 4: Who was the original Phantom, Christine,
and Raoul in the original London cast?

a. Patrick Wilson, Rebecca Pitcher, and Michael Crawford
b. Michael Crawford, Sarah Brightman, and Steve Barton
c. Michael Crawford, Emmy Rossum, and Brad Little
d. Steve Barton, Sarah Brightman, and Michael Crawford

Question 5: What's Piangi's first name?

a. Ubalda
b. Ubado
c. Ubolda
d. Ubaldo

Question 6: In the book, who were the two managers of
the Opera House?

a. Moncharmin and Prénoms
b. Richard and Moncharmin
c. Firming and Richard
d. Firming and Andre

Question 7: In the book, what did Erik call the Persian?

a. Daroga
b. Draoka
e. Darloga
f. Darling

Question 8: In the book, when Christine asked Erik was
nationality he was, what did Erik answer?

a. Persia
b. France
c. I don't need a nationality; all I need is you, my dear
darling Christine
d. I do not recall
e. I have no nationality

Question 9: What was similar between Gerard Butler's
childhood and Emmy Rossum's?

a. They both lost contact with their fathers
b. They both won an award of Mathematic
c. They both went to private schools
d. Their mothers were both bankers

Question 10: In the Broadway Musical, who sang," Far from my far-reaching gaze..."

a. Phantom in "Wandering Child"
b. Christine in "Wishing you were somehow here again"
c. Raoul in "That's all I ask of you"

Question 11: What quote did Minnie Driver (Carlotta in
2004 movie)use in order to reply the reporter's question about why didn't she use her voice in the movie?

a. We all can draw, but we're not all painters.
b. We all know 1+1=2, but we're not all mathematicians.
c. We all drive cars, but we're not all race-car drivers.
d. We all can sing, but we're not all Opera singers.

Question 12: In the 1925 movie, who did the young ladies of the ballet suspect is the Phantom?

a. Erik himself
b. The Persian
c. The person who investigated the Opera Ghost
d. A stranger who enters and exits the Opera House often

Question 13: What was Lon Chaney's nick name?

a. The man of thousand faces
b. The Phantom of the Opera
c. The man who brought the Phantom of the Opera alive

Question 14: In the 2004 movie, what song(s) was written by Charles Hart and Andrew Lloyd Webber for the movie exclusively?

a. Learn to be lonely
b. Learn to be lonely/No one would listen
d. No one would listen

Question 15: In the book, why did Erik let Christine and Raoul leave?

a. Because Christine kissed Erik to save the trapped Raoul,
which touched Erik.
b. Because Christine mingled her tears with him and let him
kissed her.
c. Because Christine wanted to commit suicide, Erik loved her,
so he let the woman he loved went off with her real lover.

Question 16: What was a coincidence between Sarah
Brightman's marriage and Andrew Lloyd Webber's?

a. They both married some one before, and their names were
Sarah and Andrew too!
b. They didn't have any kids from their previous marriage.
c. They were married to each other's friends.

Question 17: For what reason caused ALW write the play
"The Phantom of the Opera" just for Sarah Brightman.

a. He loved her so much.
b. ALW owned Sarah...
c. They were really good friends, she was the inspiration for
him to write the play.

Question 18: What did Gaston Leroux do with the story
he wrote?

a. He told her wife to put this book in his coffin after he
died.
b. This was his favorite piece of his works.
c. He claimed back and forth that it was a true story.

Question 19: Did Erik abuse Christine in the book?

a. No, Erik loved Christine very much!
b. Yes, he tried to kiss Christine but Christine kept struggle,
so he smacked her.
c. Yes, he dragged her hair after she snatched away his mask.

Question 20: How much box office did the play "The
Phantom of the Opera" earn more than the 1997 movie "Titanic"?

a. 1.4 billions
b. It didn't defeat Titanic...
c. 2.5 billions
d. 0.7 billion

Last edited by PhantomnessFay on Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gabby81
Senior
Gabby81

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Where do you find all these quizzes? Love them Smile

1 - C
2 - C
3 - A
4 - B
5 - D
6 - B
7 - A
8 - E
9 - A
10 - A
11 - A
12 - B
13 - A
14 - B
15 - B
16 - A
17 - A
18 - C
19 - C
20 - A

It's helping that I'm rereading the book!
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 4:21 pm

No fair! I didn't know all of these and you got 100%. Blah! Crying or Very sad

I get them all of the Internet; various sites.

This one is fairly easy, I think.

1. Alright we'll start easy. What is the Phantom's name?

a. Phantom
b. Leonardo
c. Eric
d. Erik
e. Louis-Philippe

2. Another easy one. Who was his lover?

a. Carlotta
b. Christine
c. Mama Valarius
d. Raoul? Was he gay?
e. La Sorelli

3. Who wrote the original Phantom of the Opera novel?

a. Anne Rice
b. Gertrude Warner
c. Gaston Leroux
d. Susan Kay
e. Lon Chaney

4. Which of the following authors DID write a book based on the original novel:

a. Anne Rice
b. Susan Kay
c. Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber
d. Gaston Leroux
e. David Lee Roth

5. In the 2004 Phantom of the Opera musical movie who was cast as the Phantom?

a. Michael Crawford
b. Antonio Banderas
c. Johnny Depp
d. Gerard Butler
e. Hayden Christensen

6. What color hair does Christine REALLY have?

a. Red
b. Brown
c. Blond
d. Purple
e. Black

7. In the 2004 Phantom musical movie who plays Christine?

a. Keira Knightley
b. Natalie Portman
c. Sarah Brightman
d. Emmy Rossum
e. Lisa Vroman
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next