Erik Of Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a phantom of the opera forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Deleting Account
Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2021 4:31 am by Afsar

» Those Rosy Hours at Mazandaran
Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 2:25 am by Afsar

» SHADOW BENDER
Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 2:55 pm by PhantomnessFay

» BEHIND THE MIRROR NEW BOOK TITLE
Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 2:50 pm by PhantomnessFay

» THE PHANTOM OF MANHATTEN BY FREDRICK FORSYTHE
Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 9:01 am by PhantomnessFay

» Song Name Game
Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 11:30 pm by Heart_Rose1368

» Phantom by Susan Kay
Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 9:01 am by PhantomnessFay

» Love Never Dies
Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 8:52 am by PhantomnessFay

» If you could pick any actor....
Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 12:08 am by Heart_Rose1368

Elite Affiliates
Kay's PhantomLady Ghost's SitePhantom's Mask
Phantom GerryFantomeApply
Top Affiliates
Randomosity Forum
Rubigna Chastenay
Quiero Mas Shakira
Lessons From the Phantom of the Opera
Nichol's Bookshelf
>>More Affiliates<<
>>Apply<<

Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA

Go down 
+4
SnowMoccasin
Empy
Gabby81
PhantomnessFay
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
SnowMoccasin
SnowMoccasin

Female
Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 7:41 pm

You would think they would want the phantom to have a certain "look". I'm not too fond of the beard at all, it kind of toys with his image. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Gabby81
Senior
Gabby81

Female
Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 8:01 am

I also wouldn't think that with the amount of makeup he would have to wear, a beard wouldn't be very convenient!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com; search Gabrielle Jaillet and send me a
Angelsmasque
Angelsmasque

Female
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 10:11 am

I've seen the process that Howard McGillin goes through in order to become the phantom and he's been doing it for years. His makeup artist has been doing phantom for 18 years and has managed to reduce the time Howard spends in her chair. There's a four part series about him, I'll have to go look for it and get back to you all.
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female
Number of posts : 2388
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 5:14 pm

When I saw John Cudia the other night, he did not have a beard. I guess he realized a beard wasn't very Phantomy.
Back to top Go down
http://novelsandotherwritingsbyfaysimon.homestead.com/Home.html
Gabby81
Senior
Gabby81

Female
Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:08 am

I mean, there's nothing wrong with it I guess, gives some originality to the part. But I would still think that with the amount of makeup they have to use, it would cause problems. But that's just my opinion Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com; search Gabrielle Jaillet and send me a
Angelsmasque
Angelsmasque

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:59 am

I found part four of the BWW. TV: Phantom memories, but not the first three segments of that interview with the Broadway cast from POTO. You can go to Broadwayworld.com to find quite a bit of information about Howard McGillin. Phantom just became legal (turned 21) recently.

Woo hoo

How does one create a link to place a website in a thread?
Back to top Go down
SnowMoccasin
SnowMoccasin

Female
Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 2:16 pm

There is a button with a chain link beside the button where you change the font color. click on it, and you will see another plain chain link where you type in the address (ex: www.phantomoftheopera.com). Directly under that, there will be a blue A. Type any word you want in there and Voila!

Sorry if this isn't what you were talking about! tongue
Back to top Go down
Angelsmasque
Angelsmasque

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 4:33 pm

I'm sure it probably does, but I'm one who does not mess with the powers that be. Ah, yes, I see the link button. I will have to try it next time.

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 10:33 am

Here are some clips of Howard McGillin.

The next one is pretty dark as the visual goes, but the sound is perfect.

Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 11:08 am

Here are some questions to bring out more movie trivia:

1. In one of the 1919 flashback scenes, Raoul looks out of the car window at a Swarovski jewelry store. Why is Swarovski significant?

2. Christine's attire during her performing 'Think of Me' for Hannibal is copied from what most famous painting?

3. The candles that light instantly as they come out of the water in the Phantom's Lair were not done by computers. What were they are did they always work?

4. What was the reason for the moving arms holding candelabras in the scene when the Phantom leads Christine down a passage?
Back to top Go down
GerardButlerisawsome01
Old School Member
GerardButlerisawsome01

Female
Number of posts : 410
Location : I dont know where I am. I am where I am and thats Where i am......... I might be in Neverland
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: PHANTOM QUIZES   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 2:40 pm

i thought we should try this i found this on another fourm

so find a quiz or do some one elses quiz do it and post ur ansswer here and the quiz please so others can try ur quiz (only post the link to the quiz if it a different one from the one you tryed)

http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/124313/what-phantom-of-the-opera-character-are-you

i got Erik

Last edited by GerardButlerisawsome01 on Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
GerardButlerisawsome01
Old School Member
GerardButlerisawsome01

Female
Location : I dont know where I am. I am where I am and thats Where i am......... I might be in Neverland

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 2:53 pm

http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/1064746/what-character-from-the-phantom-of-the-opera-possesses-your-own-form-of-love-w-gr8-pics

Your form of love matches that of the Phantom's. When you fall in love with someone, you don't really take the time to observe their feelings or THEIR opinion in love. You just know that you want them and that you love them and all that matters is that that individual is yours. Take time to get to know the person on the inside. The outside is all that really matters to you... ok?
Back to top Go down
phantomandchristine
phantomandchristine

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 3:31 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.thephantom-angelofmusic.com
phantomandchristine
phantomandchristine

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 3:41 pm

http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/182394/which-phantom-of-the-opera-duet-is-yours

Your duet is 'The Point of No Return'. It is the song the Phantom writes in an attempt to seduce Christine with music. It is part of his opera, Don Juan Triumphante. He and Christine sing it together on stage, before Christine reveals his identity to the full house. It is sung close to the end of the musical. It has two parts. Its introduction/verse is also sung at the beginning of 'Music of the Night' and 'All I Ask of You'. Both the verse and chorus are reprised in the last scene, during the triet. The chords, that support the earnest, seducing melody, employ unusual intervals which heighten the tension and desperation of the piece. The music is as passion-filled as the lyrics and the character who sings them. The theme of this song is seduction and the rammerfications of the point of no return. It is sung at that very point in the musical.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thephantom-angelofmusic.com
GerardButlerisawsome01
Old School Member
GerardButlerisawsome01

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 5:04 pm

Your duet is 'The Point of No Return'. It is the song the Phantom writes in an attempt to seduce Christine with music. It is part of his opera, Don Juan Triumphante. He and Christine sing it together on stage, before Christine reveals his identity to the full house. It is sung close to the end of the musical. It has two parts. Its introduction/verse is also sung at the beginning of 'Music of the Night' and 'All I Ask of You'. Both the verse and chorus are reprised in the last scene, during the triet. The chords, that support the earnest, seducing melody, employ unusual intervals which heighten the tension and desperation of the piece. The music is as passion-filled as the lyrics and the character who sings them. The theme of this song is seduction and the rammerfications of the point of no return. It is sung at that very point in the musical.
Back to top Go down
GerardButlerisawsome01
Old School Member
GerardButlerisawsome01

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 5:13 pm

http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/629599/how-phantom-of-the-opera-obsessed-are-you

Congratulations! You could give the Phantom a run for his money in the obsession department! You are over the top obsessed knowing all there is to know!! Be proud of your obsession. After all, obsession is just flattery to the extreme! So show off your phantom loving status, cause your impressive obsession makes you a true phantom Phan!!!
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 9:05 am

A thread for quizes already exits, therefore, I've merged the two. If possible, put the quizes within the thread instead of sending members away from the forum. Please see what I've previously posted in this thread.

Thank you for understanding.

For anyone who wants to answer some trivia questions, please check out my post before I merge the above: https://erikofmusic.forumakers.com/original-novel-f1/q-a-about-phantom-trivia-t226-195.htm

Last edited by PhantomnessFay on Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 2:13 pm

Most of us have see this scene at least once. Take a good look at what lies at the base of the giant candelabras. We see two crests and a white horse with rider. What do they represent?

Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 9 Phantomoperawithcrests
Back to top Go down
Angelsmasque
Angelsmasque

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:15 am

I'm stumped. When you or another divulge the answer and I'll probably smack my head. Where could I look up the information?
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 1:57 pm

Before I saying anything, I'd like to see if anyone else would like to comment.

Angelsmasque, don't smack your head. Allow me. Laughing A little humor there. Very little. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Angelsmasque
Angelsmasque

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 4:23 pm

Thank you, no. I'd prefer to keep what thoughts I have, in tact. You'd probably use a brick. Score!
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 2:18 pm

While we are all thinking about the photo, no one has ever attempted to answer the following movie trivia which I posted some time back. Give it a shot while we contemplate the pic of Christine and the Phantom.

1. In one of the 1919 flashback scenes, Raoul looks out of the car window at a Swarovski jewelry store. Why is Swarovski significant?

2. Christine's attire during her performing 'Think of Me' for Hannibal is copied from what most famous painting?

3. The candles that light instantly as they come out of the water in the Phantom's Lair were not done by computers. What were they are did they always work?

4. What was the reason for the moving arms holding candelabras in the scene when the Phantom leads Christine down a passage?
Back to top Go down
Angelsmasque
Angelsmasque

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:46 am

The answer to #3: the lights were specially made wicks that ignited the moment they hit air; a one shot deal. Luckily they were able to do the scene in one take.

#4 is taken from La Belle et le bete (Beauty and the Beast 1946). I would suspect that because the whole castle was magically transformed that they represented those that would normally serve in such a capacity. Therefore, the Phantom's ability to deceive through or mastery of illusion.

#2: Christine wears an exact replica of the outfit Empress Elizabeth of Austria wears in her portrait.

I shall guess #1: The crystals in the chandelier are Swarovski and this may have been a connection to the opera and/or where Raoul purchased Christine's ring.

I have two:
What is the doll in Erik's lair made from and what part was the most difficult to recreate correctly?

Patrick Wilson is wearing *what* that can be seen while fighting the duel in the cemetery?
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 10:30 am

I'll have to answer the last post since no one seems to have time to make comments. Anglesmasque your answers to my trivia are correct. Did you look them up? I didn't know any of that until I looked for trivia. How would I know who Empress Elizabeth was let alone know what she wore? Are you a history teacher? Mad

How would anyone know the chandelier was made of Swarovski crystal? I didn't. Dummy me.

I've seen the 1946 "Beauty and the Beast" but I didn't get the connection to the moving arms holding chandeliers. Are you just a trivia buff? Mad

As for your questions, I know everyone calls it a doll or wax figure, but it was an automaton which Erik created to act on its own; when the fake eyes were put in, it didn't look like Emmy so she did a stand-in.

The last question as to what is Patrick Wilson (Raoul) wearing in the sword fighting scene in the cemetery, is vague. He's wearing a shirt, trousers, and under the shirt is a cross, not to mention shoes. What answer are we looking for? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Angelsmasque
Angelsmasque

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 12:54 pm

Yes, Fay, you answered mine correctly. Emmy played the part of the doll because her eyes could not be duplicated; she had to hold real still. And, yes, Patrick is wearing a cross beneath his shirt. I had a hard time deciding how to phrase the question.

No. I'm not a trivia buff nor a history teacher, but I do love history and reading. I did know about the crystal because of prior research and suspected a connection. I've also been to where they make Swarovski crystal in Germany.

I'm familiar with the 1946 "Beauty and the Beast," and figured the rest because of what I knew of the story, and of our Erik. Disney helped. Their version does bring a great deal to life.

The other two, I confess, I did go searching for the answers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next