Erik Of Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a phantom of the opera forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Deleting Account
A Death's Head - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2021 4:31 am by Afsar

» Those Rosy Hours at Mazandaran
A Death's Head - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 2:25 am by Afsar

» SHADOW BENDER
A Death's Head - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 2:55 pm by PhantomnessFay

» BEHIND THE MIRROR NEW BOOK TITLE
A Death's Head - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 2:50 pm by PhantomnessFay

» THE PHANTOM OF MANHATTEN BY FREDRICK FORSYTHE
A Death's Head - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 9:01 am by PhantomnessFay

» Song Name Game
A Death's Head - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 11:30 pm by Heart_Rose1368

» Phantom by Susan Kay
A Death's Head - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 9:01 am by PhantomnessFay

» Love Never Dies
A Death's Head - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 8:52 am by PhantomnessFay

» If you could pick any actor....
A Death's Head - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 12:08 am by Heart_Rose1368

Elite Affiliates
Kay's PhantomLady Ghost's SitePhantom's Mask
Phantom GerryFantomeApply
Top Affiliates
Randomosity Forum
Rubigna Chastenay
Quiero Mas Shakira
Lessons From the Phantom of the Opera
Nichol's Bookshelf
>>More Affiliates<<
>>Apply<<

A Death's Head

Go down 
+4
YestonErik
EriksPointOfNoReturn
BlackMaskWhiteMask
SnowMoccasin
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SnowMoccasin
SnowMoccasin

Female
Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2008-06-04

A Death's Head - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Death's Head   A Death's Head - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 10:17 pm

Oh...yeah....I might need to do that first lol, learning French might be a good idea before I go barging into the Opera Garnier demanding to see the 5th cellar Razz
Back to top Go down
YestonErik
YestonErik

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-05-31

PostSubject: Re: A Death's Head   A Death's Head - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 12:07 pm

I know a little french...
Back to top Go down
BlackMaskWhiteMask
BlackMaskWhiteMask

Female
Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: A Death's Head   A Death's Head - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 12:57 pm

no one invited you!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
SnowMoccasin
SnowMoccasin

Female

PostSubject: Re: A Death's Head   A Death's Head - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 3:02 pm

This is an open discussion, anyone who has input is invited. There isn't any need to be rude.
Back to top Go down
BlackMaskWhiteMask
BlackMaskWhiteMask

Female

PostSubject: Re: A Death's Head   A Death's Head - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 7:22 pm

well sorry but I was being left out and noone asked if I would come
and i need to get as far away from Sean right now as possible
Back to top Go down
SnowMoccasin
SnowMoccasin

Female

PostSubject: Re: A Death's Head   A Death's Head - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 7:25 pm

Well if Taylor would pull her weight and actually send stuff to the publisher instead of making me do everything I could get you away from Sean. Right now, I'm broke, so you'll have to wait.
Back to top Go down
BlackMaskWhiteMask
BlackMaskWhiteMask

Female

PostSubject: Re: A Death's Head   A Death's Head - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 7:27 pm

so how much do you all have right now? maybee we could go together and I could buy just one round trip and hide you in my carry on bag or my suit case.....or better yet we dress you up as a german shepard buy me some of those dark glasses and put a "Don't pet me I'm working " harness on you!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes I have bounced back from Sean and now everyone is paying for it
Back to top Go down
BlackMaskWhiteMask
BlackMaskWhiteMask

Female

PostSubject: Re: A Death's Head   A Death's Head - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 7:28 pm

no I just thought most people are probably thinking I broke up with a boyfriend or something....XD XD XD
Back to top Go down
SnowMoccasin
SnowMoccasin

Female

PostSubject: Re: A Death's Head   A Death's Head - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 7:36 pm

I just spent all my money on the horse and getting my saddle fixed. I'm also buying a horse trailer tomorrow and I had to quit pressuring Taylor to finish with stuff because of that whole "musical schlorship" thing is keeping me busy. >sigh<
Back to top Go down
BlackMaskWhiteMask
BlackMaskWhiteMask

Female

PostSubject: Re: A Death's Head   A Death's Head - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 8:06 pm

aw poor annie....(love you like a sis still)

what happened to your saddle?

uh you can answer but I'm going to sleep bye!
Back to top Go down
SnowMoccasin
SnowMoccasin

Female

PostSubject: Re: A Death's Head   A Death's Head - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 8:08 pm

it just...broke!!! Crappy Synthetic leather!

sooo after straying off topic, we should probably get back to it. Disease or Deformity??
Back to top Go down
BlackMaskWhiteMask
BlackMaskWhiteMask

Female

PostSubject: Re: A Death's Head   A Death's Head - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 8:13 pm

i have no idea
Back to top Go down
SnowMoccasin
SnowMoccasin

Female

PostSubject: Re: A Death's Head   A Death's Head - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 8:31 am

Ok, well, let someone who has input post. PM me if you want to talk about personal stuff.
Back to top Go down
silver moon
silver moon

Female
Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: A Death's Head   A Death's Head - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 8:17 pm

i just found this site:P

http://www.geocities.com/researchguide/drkporphyria.html

it\s quite interesting Wink (here you go snowy)
Back to top Go down
SnowMoccasin
SnowMoccasin

Female

PostSubject: Re: A Death's Head   A Death's Head - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 8:21 pm

Oh wow that's a really good find. I lean so much here lol! I found this video, it's alright if you watch it all the way through Smile

Video!
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female
Number of posts : 2388
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: A Death's Head   A Death's Head - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 10:31 am

I've read posts where Porphyria cutanea tarda was discussed, but somehow I wonder if incest caused Erik's deformity instead.

Because he displayed insanity as well, and Philippe knew where to find the lair, makes me believe this. I could be wrong, but that's my opinion.

affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
http://novelsandotherwritingsbyfaysimon.homestead.com/Home.html
BlackMaskWhiteMask
BlackMaskWhiteMask

Female

PostSubject: Re: A Death's Head   A Death's Head - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 9:56 am

you think he was inbred?

eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: A Death's Head   A Death's Head - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 5:26 pm

I do. This would account for his deformity and madness. He wasn't too far gone that Daroga couldn't reason with him, but he had to be treated like child. Remember Daroga said if you didn't remind him of certain things, like you saved his life, he'd forget.

How else would Philippe know where he lived? No one else did. The Persian had to follow him to find out.

Most of the Phan fics make him saner than he really was. Again, incest is my deduction. I could be wrong. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SnowMoccasin
SnowMoccasin

Female

PostSubject: Re: A Death's Head   A Death's Head - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 6:27 pm

I agree, inbreeding was actually common during that time period....I can't believe I never considered that.
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: A Death's Head   A Death's Head - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 9:28 am

Leroux wrote Phantom like a the journalist. He didn't express the emotions or thoughts of the characters, only the facts. Therefore, he did not explain why or how Philippe knew how to find the lair. He merely stated the fact that he went down there, Erik answered the alarm, and Philippe died. I assume in all the confusion he didn't realize who tripped the alarm and acted before he saw it was Philippe. Yes, he said it was an accident, but this could be called an accident as well.

Erik rambled like a madman and had a temper that could be detrimental to someone's health. This was why Daroga followed him, trying to keep him from killing. Recall the situation from Leroux? This confirmed the madness and the fact that he killed outside of his assignation assignments or executioner job.

Since Raoul and Philippe both loved the Opera and the ladies, the similarities between them and Erik are not much different, except they are younger and extremely handsome while the other older and ugly as homemade sin.

Erik may have been the eldest brother, since most determine his age as about fifty-something. Phillipe was forty-something and Raoul the youngest at twenty-one. The fight over Christine appears like sibling rivalry.

Recall Erik saying something about the furniture belonging to his mother? I think his mother was his aunt as well. Guessing on this. Anyway, the furniture was fairly rich.

This is my deduction from the facts in the original novel. Cool Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
BlackMaskWhiteMask
BlackMaskWhiteMask

Female

PostSubject: Re: A Death's Head   A Death's Head - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 11:51 am

but I've been told that a deformity like that would only be caused by incest if the family had had kids with blood relitives for Lord knows how many generations.
Back to top Go down
The Phantomess
The Phantomess

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: A Death's Head   A Death's Head - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 12:20 pm

Wow, I never considered some of this stuff. i had actually forgotten the fact that Phillippe had gone down; what PhantomessFay said about them being brothers makes sense. Oooh, I wish Leroux was still alive, we could hold a conference and bug him for all the answers to our questions! Rolling Eyes

Poor Erik! Crying or Very sad What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://s1.zetaboards.com/thephantomslair
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: A Death's Head   A Death's Head - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 9:10 pm

Incest does not have to be going on for years and years. There are cases where it happens within a shorter period of time.

Wouldn't we all love to have a Q&A with Leroux. He kept saying Erik really did exist. I'd like to ask how he knew and some of these things we've discussed. It would have been easier to research at time. affraid affraid affraid

Last edited by PhantomnessFay on Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SnowMoccasin
SnowMoccasin

Female

PostSubject: Re: A Death's Head   A Death's Head - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 2:37 pm

ha, too bad we don't have anyone in here that can communicate with the dead when ever they felt like doing so. I agree with you about erik possiably being a de Changney, deformed people weren't certified under their parents (or anyone for that matter) Raoul obvoiusly wouldn't have noticed any of the furniture in Erik's lair since he was drugged the whole time he was there Sad this is all very frustrating.
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: A Death's Head   A Death's Head - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 5:08 pm

Very true. Raoul could not verify anything. Too sad! Crying or Very sad

I'd like to look for death certificates. Erik probably doesn't have one, but it would be interesting to see what is on record.

If it were easy to speak to those in the 'great beyond' we wouldn't miss them so. Don't think anybody can talk to them easily.

I've been wanting to have this discussion for a long time, but the other forum was so strict and I would get yelled at all the time.

We need to form a little group of Phantom investigators and search for the truth in Paris. If Indiana Jones can find all those relics, we should be able to find the real Erik and what actually caused his deformity.

What a Face What a Face What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Death's Head   A Death's Head - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Death's Head
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Erik Of Music :: English :: Character Discussion-
Jump to: