Erik Of Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a phantom of the opera forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Deleting Account
Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2021 4:31 am by Afsar

» Those Rosy Hours at Mazandaran
Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 2:25 am by Afsar

» SHADOW BENDER
Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 2:55 pm by PhantomnessFay

» BEHIND THE MIRROR NEW BOOK TITLE
Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 2:50 pm by PhantomnessFay

» THE PHANTOM OF MANHATTEN BY FREDRICK FORSYTHE
Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 9:01 am by PhantomnessFay

» Song Name Game
Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 11:30 pm by Heart_Rose1368

» Phantom by Susan Kay
Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 9:01 am by PhantomnessFay

» Love Never Dies
Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 8:52 am by PhantomnessFay

» If you could pick any actor....
Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 12:08 am by Heart_Rose1368

Elite Affiliates
Kay's PhantomLady Ghost's SitePhantom's Mask
Phantom GerryFantomeApply
Top Affiliates
Randomosity Forum
Rubigna Chastenay
Quiero Mas Shakira
Lessons From the Phantom of the Opera
Nichol's Bookshelf
>>More Affiliates<<
>>Apply<<

Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA

Go down 
+4
SnowMoccasin
Empy
Gabby81
PhantomnessFay
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female
Number of posts : 2388
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 11:10 am

Remember, ALW is a business man. What attracts people to a movie? Beautiful, shapely young girls and handsome men.

Every successful film has drama, so we have a sword fight in the graveyard and the chandelier falls at the end of the movie. Buquet's death in public only hearld these steps which led to the climax, Christine giving Erik two kisses; leading to the resolve: Erik release her and Raoul.

This is filmmaking. If you have ever worked on stage and in film you would see the difference. Having the children as ballerinas would change the mood of romance and hint of intimacy. Have the chandelier crash after the first act in the film would make the audience think the movie was done, or he, ALW would have to think up another finish to the movie to top the crashing chandelier. Make sense? scratch
Back to top Go down
http://novelsandotherwritingsbyfaysimon.homestead.com/Home.html
Gabby81
Senior
Gabby81

Female
Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 3:52 pm

It does make sense. The only thing that doesn't is the whole chandelier thing. He has a very successful stage show in which the chandelier falls part way through, yet the audience doesn't think the opera is over. But, I do see what you're saying about building suspense and having a chandelier crash towards the end continues to build towards the climax. ALW may be a business man, but he has an amazing mind outside of the business world. He has to to come up with the things he has done!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com; search Gabrielle Jaillet and send me a
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 9:53 am

Being a businessman in an artistic industry is the reason for his creative vision. He knows what will or will not work. At least in this case. If he hasn't had too much wine in deciding on the sequel... affraid That may not be a wise move.

Just Like "Jesus Christ Superstar", I found this sacrileges and so did a lot of other religions. Yet, he still made money off that one. See, this is all he looking for...money. Power comes next.

All of these changes occur when a novel becomes public domain. Leroux is not here to consult or take a share of the profits.

Just like "The Da Vinci Code" for instance. There were a number of changes, but Dan Brown was involved, so the movie still resembled the book. Details from the novel would have made the film way too long and perhaps boring to the audience. Readers are different.

By the same token, I felt the details left out of the film made it a bit confusing had I not read the book.

People who have read Phantom appreciate the film(s) for what they are. I love the 2004 film because of Gerry's and other cast members suburb acting job, for the costumes, the music, for Gerry, for sets, the songs, for Gerry, for the romance and did I mention Gerry? lol!

Again many things which work on stage don't always work on film.

The stage version of Phantom had Mme. Giry a bit more strict and sharp spoken, whereas Miranda Richardson didn't play her that way. She was must softer and kinder.

Did I mention I loved Gerry? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Gabby81
Senior
Gabby81

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 7:05 am

I don't know if this was mentioned before or not.....but was Leroux involved in the silent film version? I really can't wait to see the entire movie. I've seen bits and pieces on youtube, but not the whole thing yet.

I know there are a lot of people out there that don't like the 2004 movie. I understand from a novel point of view, because it is quite different. But if you take the movie as it's own movie, it really is a wonderful film. It was easy to follow and kept me interested the entire time. I do just love it. Plus, of course, Gerry was just absolutely wonderful! Sigh. I love Gerry too! I love you
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 9:07 pm

Leroux was alive when the silent film was made and I am sure they did consult him since it was one of the versions closest to the novel.

When you get home, let me know how you like your Christmas gifts... Laughing

Many people do compare it to the novel, but mostly to the stage version on which it was based. Certainly we always find things we like or dislike about films based on one version or another, but one should try to judge the 2004 film as a stand alone.

I, too, admired it for it's beautiful story, costumes, music, acting and Gerry. Sure ALW was looking for the romance and a hint of sex, but all was very tastefully done.
Back to top Go down
Gabby81
Senior
Gabby81

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 6:51 pm

I must say I'm awfully anxious to get my Christmas presents Smile (not that I'm wishing my vacation went faster or anything...... Razz ) I would love to watch the silent movie, especially now knowing that Leroux likely had a hand in it.

I believe that the 2004 Phantom of the Opera should be accepted for what it is, a movie. Of course it's fine that phans like us like to pick it apart and compare it to the novels or the other movies. But it still needs to be appreciated for what it is. Did people react this same way when ALW came out with his stage performance way back when? We will always compare everything to Leroux's novel, that's just what we do as phans, but it doesn't mean that we can't appreciate them for them alone. Just my thought.
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 10:39 am

Oddly enough, the stage version was praised and adored. The 2004 film gets criticism because it's compared to the stage version and not the novel.

Many are Michael Crawford Phans and ridicule Gerry in comparison. They get all upset when they see a sexy Red Death and not the one on stage which is exactly as Leroux described.

I loved the stage version. It was so totally amazing to see what ALW has done for theatre, but I will always appreciate the 2004 film for what it is; a movie based on the stage version with a younger cast and a sexy Phantom. *sigh* Censored
Back to top Go down
Gabby81
Senior
Gabby81

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 8:22 pm

You know, it's the same thing when I watched the Charles Dance version. I watched it as a movie in and of itself, not as an extension of the original novel. Of course once it was finished, I sat back and compared it to the novel, but I was still able to appreciate the movie. And I have to say, I really, really enjoyed this version!

I also loved the stage version. It was actually my first introduction to Phantom. And I love the 2004 version. I love it all (well, Herbert Lom's movie really wasn't that good....). You're right though, we must remember that the 2004 movie is not based on the book, but on ALW's stage performance. In that respect, there are many more similarities.
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 10:20 pm

Here's a quiz based on the 2004 film. See how you fair:

1. Carlotta is a great singer and has been the Paris Opera's leading soprano for many years. But what color is her hair?

a. black
b. blonde
c. red
d. brunette

2. Although a romantic relationship is sometimes in question, what character followed Carlotta off the stage after the backdrop almost fell on her?

a. The Slave Master
b. Andre
c. Piangi
d. Firmin

3. How long does it take Carlotta to return to the opera house after Christine sings in the gala?

a. a month
b. a week
c. three days
d. one day

4. In "Prima Donna," what sort of problems does Carlotta NOT claim as stressing to a prima donna?

a. Coughs
b. Rivals
c. Terrible diseases
d. Sneezes

5. What does the Phantom say that insults Carlotta in the first managers scene?

a. She should be silent on stage
b. She can't act
c. She's too fat
d. Even a toad doesn't sing so bad[/list]

6. Who waits in the wings during "Il Muto" to watch Carlotta (and not Christine) sing the part of the Countess?

a. Raoul
b. Piangi
c. the Phantom
d. Andre

7. What sort of mistake does Carlotta make when she tries to sing "Poor Fool" for the second time?

a. She forgot the lines
b. The chair had been taken off stage already
c. Carlotta tripped over Christine's wig
d. The Pageboy's skirt was already removed[/list]

8. What sort of costume does Carlotta wear in most "Masquerade" scenes?

a. spider
b. princess
c. clown
d. cat

9. What is Carlotta's chief complaint with her part in "Don Juan Triumphant"?

a. it's too small
b. she has to stand behind the scenery
c. it's too high
d. she has to play Christine's mother[/list]

10. One of the singers cannot get their part right in the rehearsal for "Don Juan Triumphant" and Carlotta tries to make them feel better. Who can't sing their part?

a. The guy playing Passarino
b. Christine
c. Piangi
d. Meg

This is not just for Gabby81. Just post your answers and give you the answers just before Christmas.

Good luck! Shocked

Last edited by PhantomnessFay on Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gabby81
Senior
Gabby81

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 8:42 am

1 - A
2 - C
3 - D
4 - C
5 - A
6 - D
7 - D
8 - B
9 - A
10 - A

I saw this and thought...."Oh, this is going to be easy, cause I've watched this like 100 times, but some of these questions I have absolutely no idea. Where did you get the questions from? Are they part of the companion book or disc 2 of the special features? I haven't finished going through the companion book yet, which I'll be doing once I'm home again. Yah for you for completely stumping me!

Sorry it's taken me awhile to respond.....We were having some internet problems!
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 3:49 pm

The ones in bold are incorrect.

1 - A
2 - C
3 - D
4 - C
5 - A
6 - D

7 - D
8 - B
9 - A
10 - A

The correct answers to the incorrect ones are:

1. is c...Carlotta's hair color is red.

5. is b...The Phantom says Carlotta can't act.

6. is b...Piangi.

8. is a...Spider

Not bad. You did very well. Where did I get the questions? I'll never tell...
<_<

Here's another:

1. What are Christine and Meg doing the first time that we see them in the movie?

A. running down a spiral staircase and chalking the toes of their ballet shoes
B. singing 'Angel of Music'
C. lighting a candle for her father
D. brushing their hair and applying make-up for the rehearsal

2. Raoul makes his first appearance as a frail and fragile man, attending the auction being held at the old opera house. What is he doing when we first see him in the main part of the movie, when he was still a young man?

A. watching Christine perform
B. walking past Christine, who has just told Meg that they were childhood sweethearts
C. visiting Christine in her dressing room

D. driving his carriage through the streets of Paris

3.Miffed by the lack of attention, Carlotta announces that she will not be singing that night, and starts to flounce off the stage. Andre turns to the departing Lefevre and asks, 'What do we do?' What is Lefevre’s response?

A. 'Refund the tickets.'
B. 'Grovel.'
C. 'Show the ballet.'
D. 'Don't worry, she always does this.'

4. No one sees the Phantom lock Christine into her dressing room.

True or False?

5. The Phantom finally reveals himself to Christine, and leads her down to his lair in the depths of the opera house, while they sing the wonderful 'Phantom of the Opera'. What is unusual about the lights along the secret passageway behind the mirror?

A. They are golden, moving arms holding candelabras.
B. They are golden porpoises, with water shooting out of their mouths.
C. They are electric, neon lights.
D. They are miniature replicas of the chandelier that crashes later in the movie.

6. While the Phantom is strangling and hanging Buquet from the catwalks, what is going on stage below?

A. The stage is empty, because the performance is over.
B. Christine is singing 'Think of Me'.
C. Swings are being lowered for the ballerinas, some of whom are trying to lead sheep onto the stage.
D. Christine and Carlotta are acting out a scene from 'Il Muto'.

7. The staging of the Phantom's opera 'Don Juan Triumphant' has a jarring, discordant feeling about it, that doesn't sit too well with the audience at first. However once the Phantom and Christine begin singing 'The Point of No Return', the atmosphere changes to one that is more mysterious and sensuous. What is interesting about the dancers in this number?

A. There are no dancers in this number.
B. Only the women dance when the Phantom sings, and the men dance when Christine sings.
C. Only the men dance when the Phantom sings, and the women dance when Christine sings.
D. The ballerinas are leading sheep onto the stage.

8.Christine's engagement ring changes possession many times throughout the movie. Where do we last see it?

A. on the rose with the black ribbon, that is placed on Christine's grave
B. on Christine's hand, in the picture of her that's on her headstone
C. lying beside the Phantom's mask, after he smashes the mirrors
D. on the monkey's hand, on the music box

9. After the Phantom breaks his mirrors, declares that 'it's over now' and leaves, his lair is invaded by the police and people from the opera house. Leading the pack is Meg Giry, who quickly picks up the Phantom's mask. What continuity error is in this scene?

A. When she first picks it up, it is the mask from 'The Point of No Return', but she is later seen clutching the classic half-mask.
B. The mirror that the Phantom smashed is now whole.
C. Meg's pants, wet from walking through the water, are dry when she picks up the mask.
D. The mask is for the left side of the face, but the Phantom always wore it on the right side.

10. Aside from the burlap sack that he wore when being shown in the circus as 'The Devil's Child', how many different masks do we see the Phantom wear?

A. 5
B. 6
C. 3
D. 1

You may want to watch the movie again before answering. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Gabby81
Senior
Gabby81

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 6:09 pm

Argh.....I knew Carlotta's hair was red! I put the wrong letter in! Hopefully I can get this right......

1 - A - coming down the stairs
2 - D - driving his carriage
3 - B - grovel
4 - false....Mme Giry sees him
5 - A - golden, moving arms
6 - C - swings and sheep
7 - C - men with Phantom, women with Christine
8 - A - on the rose at her grave
9 - C - Meg's pants (this drives me nuts)
10 - C - his usual mask, the red death mask and the Don Juan mask (my brain can't think of more)

I have a question that could have to do with my lack of memory, but I'm not sure. What do we know about Christine's mother? There's nothing in the movie, but I can't seem to remember in the novel.
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 10:39 am

Brava my dear! You got 100% correct. See how much you know.

The novel says nothing about her mother. Since it really did not progress the plot, Leroux probably didn't find it necessary. I am as curious as the next Phan, but nothing is said anywhere. More fuel for another Phan Phic perhaps?

Here's another bit of trivia to think about and answer:

1. When Andre and Firmin first visit the Opera Populaire, they interrupt a rehearsal for the opera 'Hannibal'. What are the ballerinas wearing around their wrists?

A. manacles
B. jeweled bracelets
C. gold bracelets
D. feather boas

2. Miffed by the attention that is being paid to the dancers by the new owners, La Carlotta announces that she will not be singing that night. To appease her injured pride, Andre and Firmin coax her into giving them a private performance of one of the arias from the opera.
What is her response, when cajoled to sing?

A. 'Go now and leave me.'
B. 'Would you not rather have your precious little ingénue?'
C. 'Your part is silent, little toad.'
D. 'If my managers command.'

3. We see many glimpses of the Phantom early in the movie, but when is the first time that we actually see him fully, facing the camera?

A. dropping the backdrop on La Carlotta
B. standing behind Christine's mirror
C. locking the door to Christine's dressing room and removing the key
D. in Box 5, his usual box, listening to Christine's performance

4. During the song 'Prima Donna', Carlotta is plied with many gifts to convince her to stay. Which is the gift that seems to impress her the most?

A. a box of chocolate truffles
B. a black poodle
C. a bouquet of flowers
D. a fur hand muff

5. When the Phantom makes his entrance at the New Year’s Masquerade ball, he shocks everyone into complete silence. He tosses his newly written opera on the floor and then gives directions to the people whom he has decided will be key players in the production.
What instruction does he give to the tenor Piangi?

A. He must stop harassing the ballerinas.
B. He must stop drinking so much.
C. He must lose some weight.
D. He must be taught to act.

6. Who says, 'Your chains are still mine. You belong to me.'?

A. Andre
B. Raoul
C. The Phantom
D. Firmin

7. During the cemetery sword fight, the Phantom draws first blood (actually he draws the only blood). Where is Raoul injured?

A. on the leg
B. on the arm
C. on the face
D. on this torso

8. In order to take his place on stage for 'The Point of No Return', the Phantom kills the tenor Piangi. Who finds Piangi’s body?

A. Firmin
B. Christine
C. Carlotta
D. Andre

9. Despite Madame Giry's caution about keeping his hand at the level of his eyes, Raoul is caught off guard by one of the Phantom's traps, which leads him to becoming a prisoner of the Phantom. What trap catches him off guard?

A. a lasso that drops from the ceiling
B. a trapdoor on the stairs
C. a pressure plate that causes the candles to extinguish
D. a lasso on the floor that grabs him by the ankle and suspends him in the air

10. The song 'Learn to Be Lonely' was written for the movie, and was not a part of the original Broadway production. The song can be heard during the end credits, being sung by Minnie Driver. Do we ever hear the music for the song in the main part of the movie?

Yes or No
Back to top Go down
Gabby81
Senior
Gabby81

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 6:33 am

yah for me! 100%! Lol.....just goes to show how many times I actually watch the movie Smile

1 - A - manacles
2 - D - "If my managers command"
3 - B - behind Christine's mirror
4 - B - the black poodle
5 - C - He must lose some weight ("it's not healthy in a man of Piangi's age")
6 - C - The Phantom
7 - B - his arm
8 - C - Carlotta (although how no one found him before I'll never know!)
9 - B - trap door on the stairs
10 - the tune plays during the masquerade scene where Christine faces the Phantom and he in turn rips her well-disguised engagement ring off Smile

I know she doesn't help the plot any, but it would be nice to know something of Christine's mother. Like I've said, I love background information!
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 10:53 am

Gabby81 you've scored another 100%. Brava! Excellent! You have watched it a zillion times as I have.

I like background stories as well and yes there are many questions surrounding Christine's mother and if she had any other living relatives in the area. The same with Erik.

What happened to Raoul and Christine after the story? No, Raoul did not become a drunk and beat up Christine and no, she didn't secretly plot her husband's demise with the Phantom. In reality, we all want to know the answers to these questions. How about the Persian? What was his name? No it's not Daroga and it's not Nadir. What of his family?

Some day the truth will come out.

In the meantime, here is another quiz to ponder:

1. Christine Daae was played by which actress?

A. Christina Millian
B. Sophia Bush
C. Christy Carlson Romano
D. Emmy Rossum

2. Which two characters are having a betting war over Lot 665 (the monkey playing the cymbals)?

A. Raoul and Christine
B. The Phantom and Meg
C. The Phantom and Madame Giry
D. Raoul and Madame Giry

3. "Those who have seen your face, draw back in fear. I am the mask you wear." "It's me they hear." This song is sung as The Phantom is guiding Christine to his lair, just after she stepped in for Charlotta and sang beautifully. What is the name of this song?

A. Angel Of Music
B. The Phantom Of The Opera
C. The Point Of No Return
D. The Music Of The Night

4. Little Lotte is a story that Christine's father used to tell to Christine and Raoul.

True or False?

5. Raoul and Christine argue about announcing their engagement while which song is being performed?

A. All I Ask Of You
B. Masquerade
C. Little Lotte
D. Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again

6. Christine faints at the end of "The Music Of The Night".

True or False?

7. What words of protection does Madame Giry say many times in the film?

A. Keep your hands up.
B. Always keep your hand on your sword.
C. Run away.
D. Keep your hand at the level of your eyes.

8. During the film, who does Christine kiss?

A. No one
B. Raoul only
C. The Phantom and Raoul
D. The Phantom only

9. When Raoul visits Christine's grave at the end of the movie what does he find already sitting on her grave?

A. A rose with a black ribbon around it
B. Candles
C. The Phantom's mask
D. Lot 665

10. Who has The Phantom's mask at the end of the film?

A. Madame Giry
B. Meg
C. Christine
D. The Phantom
Back to top Go down
Gabby81
Senior
Gabby81

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 11:41 am

I think I may watch the movie too much Smile

1 - D - Emmy Rossum
2 - D - Raoul and Mme Giry
3 - B - The Phantom of the Opera
4 - true....although for some reason I worry this is a trick question Smile
5 - B - Masquerade
6 - True - after seeing the automata
7 - D - Keep your hand at the level of your eyes
8 - C - The Phantom and Raoul (not bad for a 17 year old! Lucky girl!)
9 - A - A red rose with a black ribbon (and the ring for 5 bonus points cheers )
10 - B - Meg

I so love these quizzes. Especially when I know answers. Not like some of the book questions when I didn't have a bloody clue Smile
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 2:07 pm

Another perfect score for Gabby81! My congrats. Brava!

This one is a bit harder, at least for me it was. Let's see what you do.

1. 'She often spoke of you, my friend.'

A. M. Firmin
B. Phantom
C. Raoul
D. Christine

'His daughter, I believe. Always has her head in the clouds, I'm afraid.'
A. M. Lefevre
B. M. Firmin
C. M. Andre
D. Mme Giry

3.'...There will never be a day when I won't think of you!'

A. Raoul
B. Meg
C. Phantom
D. Christine

4. 'Little Lotte thought: Am I fonder of dolls.'

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­________________________________(One word)

5. 'Hearing is believing, music is deceiving.'

A. Mme Giry
B. Phantom
C. Christine
D. Carlotta

6. 'I trust her midnight oil is well and truly burned.'

­­­­­­­_________________________________(One word)

7. 'Let me lead you from your solitude...'

________________________________(One word)

8. 'Masquerade...Seething shadows, breathing lies...Masquerade.'

A. Managers
B. Phantom
C. Ballet Corps
D. Chorus

9. 'Say your prayers, black angel of death!'

_________________________________(One word)

10. '...Never to tell of the secret you know of the Angel in Hell...'

A. Phantom
B. Christine
C. Raoul
D. Mme. Giry
Back to top Go down
Gabby81
Senior
Gabby81

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 4:21 pm

Ahhh, much more difficult. Are these from the movie alone? And I'm a little slow....what are you looking for after the sentences where you ask for (one word)? I won't be able to do this one until tomorrow, if not Tuesday. I'll be heading to bed soon. Have to leave here by 5am to catch my flight tomorrow, and I'm in and out of airplanes and airports until 3:30pm, so we'll see how I make out! Take care, and I'll talk to you soon Smile
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 8:50 pm

The one word is a name. Hey! Why should I give you a hint? Mad I had to figure it out the hard way. Let's see how you do when you return home and get settled. Laughing

Last edited by PhantomnessFay on Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gabby81
Senior
Gabby81

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 7:20 am

Haha....a litlle help can't hurt Smile Is it the person that said this? Some of these don't ring a bell at all. I'm gonna have to think on this. Is the companion book part of this too?
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 4:09 pm

I believe some of this came from the stage version. I had a difficult time my self. Yes, one word is the name of the person who said it.

No, the companion book has nothing to do with it. Stumped you huh? I missed four of the ten questions. Take your time. santa
Back to top Go down
Gabby81
Senior
Gabby81

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 2:42 pm

Awww...that's not fair! It's been 15 years since I've seen the stage version! Lol. I will give it my best shot though. Let me recover from New Years Smile
Back to top Go down
Gabby81
Senior
Gabby81

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 5:14 pm

I'm giving it a shot, though some of these are complete mysteries.....
1 - B
2 - D
3 - D
4 - Raoul
5 - D
6 - ?
7 - Raoul
8 - D
9 - Raoul (I figure at least one has to be Raoul Smile
10 - A
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 9:57 am

You got half of them correct, which are numbers 3, 7,8,9 and

Here are the answers to those you missed:

1. D (Raoul talking to the music box monkey)

2. A. M. LeFevre

4. Raoul

5. A. Mme. Giry

6. Firmin.

Brava! You didn't do so bad.
Back to top Go down
PhantomnessFay
PhantomnessFay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 11:01 am

I've spent two hours trying to post this quiz, but this forum messes up the format. So we will have to deal with it as you see it. Forgive me if it look weird.

Now let's proceed and see how many we can answer correctly.

A: Finish the lyric from Past the Point of No Return. "Past all thought of:"

1. “up or down,"
  2. "him or her,"
  3. "right,or wrong,"
  4. "left,or right,"
  5. "no return,"
B: Finish the lyric from Wandering Child: “Angel or father”,

1. "Grant to me your glory!"
  2. "Guide and Guardian,"
  3. "Phantom or Raoul,"
  4. "Friend or Phantom,"
  5. "Theatre, or Opera.."
C: Finish the lyric from Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again. “No more memories:”

1. "Prima Donna, Once More!"
  2. "No more silent tears.."
  3. "Masquerade! Paper faces on parade.."
  4. "The Phantom of the Opera is there.."
  5. "No more scary thoughts of the Phantom.."
D: Finish the lyrics from The Mirror (Angel of Music)... "Look at your face in the mirror:"

1. "I am there inside!"
  2. "I see no reflection."
  3. "Do you feel the guilt?"
  4. "Do you see me?"
  5. "I am inside there, too!"
E: Finish this lyric from The Phantom of the Opera: "In sleep he sang to me,"

1. "That voice which calls to me..."
  2. "The Phantom of the Opera is there..."
  3. "In dreams he came!"
  4. "Which woke me up!"
  5. "and speaks my name!"
F: The next couple of questions are going to be a Who Sang This question. Who sang this? "Far too many notes for my taste!" and what song is it from?

1. Christine and Raoul in "All I ask of you."
  2. Andre and Firmin in "Notes/Prima Donna
  3. La Carlotta in "Poor Fool"
  4. The Phantom in "The Phantom of the Opera"
  5. Meg in "Angel of Music"
G: What song is this from and who sang it? "Yet the soul obeys!"

1. Raoul in "All I ask of you"
  2. Christine in "Wandering Child"
  3. Christine in "All I ask of you"
  4. The Phantom in "Wandering Child"
  5. Meg in "Hanibal"
H: What song is this from and Who sang it? "The fruits of summer fade..."

1. Meg in "Angel of Music"
  2. La Carlotta in "Prima Donna"
  3. The Phantom in "Wandering Child"
  4. Christine in "Think of Me"
  5. Piangi in "Point of No Return"
I: The rest of this quiz will just be about the movie itself. This is a hard one. In the movie, La Carlotta's singing voice is not really Minnie Driver. (La Carlotta.) What's the name of the lady who is REALLY singing?

1. Margaret Preece
  2. Yang Shong
  3. Elenor Rothstein
  4. Nellie Lockhart
  5. Maggie Armstrong
J: In the correct order, How old are Gerard Butler, (the Phantom) Patrick Wilson, (Raoul) and Emmy Rossum? (Christine) (2005)

1. 41,23, 21
  2. 36,22, 19
  3. 39,30, 18
  4. 44,25, 20
  5. 36,23, 21
K: Okay, second to last one. This one's easy! What is the name of the lady who plays Madame Giry in the movie?

1. Gravy Dirnt
  2. Miranda Richardson
  3. Emmy Rossum
  4. Jennifer Ellison
  5. Adrienne Nesser
L: This last one is very easy. What lifestyle did Christine choose at the very end of
the movie?

1. To leave the Opera, and start a family with Raoul.
  2. To stay with the pitiful creature, the Phantom, in the Opera House.
  3. To stay in the Opera House with the Phantom to keep the Phantom from killing her love.
  4. Since she's a doctor, fix the Phantom's distorted face and then get married.
  5. To move to Germany and start a new life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA   Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Q & A ABOUT PHANTOM & TRIVIA
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next